Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

film speed ?

WVBOWHNTR

I'm rather new at the whole trail cam business, and have had some good luck with my Stealth cam, which utilizes a film camera. Those of you that use film trail cams, or used to, what speed film do you normally use? In winter and the colder weather, do you use a different speed?

Thanks for your advise. Planning to get my camera back out this weekend to see what made it thru the rifle and ml seasons.

I downloaded the manual for my Stealth 35mm and it recommended 200ASA film but I have used 400ASA both times I had it out. The 400ASA film worked fine.

I have heard that Kodak film is preferred in the Stealth, something about other film causing gears to strip.

The manual did mention something about 15F being the lowest temp the camera should be used at, I think. Not sure how cold you plan to use it.

Two rolls of film processed = $8.00. Man I love my digital!!!

Yeah I've tried mine with Fuji film. It usually takes some doing to get the new roll to advance right.

Not to mention pissing the guy off at Wally world 5 minutes till end of time posted that you want 1 hr photos, lol.

Alot of guys start cheap with the film. I did and now I'm hooked. I can't complain my stealth was misstickered at $25 last year. If I was in the market, wait I am in the market I am just stashing money to the side for atleast a mid ranged camera. Might just wait till income tax return time.

400 film worked the best for me but 200 was OK too. I never tried 100 or 800 or anything else. I used Kodak and Fuji in that Stealth that I had and never once had a problem with either one. It worked good for 2 years, including in sub zero weather, until it was stolen.

Thanks for the suggestions! Interesting about the Kodak film. While I hope to have a decent digital in the future, currently I can get a 36 exposure roll put onto a CD for just around $7. This makes getting images onto my website much easier.

Top Bottom