Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally a nice one

TrkDeerHntr

Well after gettin my first card pulled i went back today after accidentally shutting the camera off finally got it turned on and let it sit for about 4 days came home to 200 pics

We had this buck earlier in the year on another camera and finally we got him again

Any guesses on score?

I am really hooked on this darn trail camera stuff

MDGC0091.jpg

MDGC0092.jpg

MDGC0093.jpg

MDGC0094.jpg

MDGC0095.jpg

Nice buck, looks a little on the young side with a lot of potential, but he'd be hard to hold off on too if there's other hunters in the area.

If anyone is passing a buck of this caliber with a bow, I want to be hunting where they are for sure.

Nice buck, I'll agree he looks young but in another month he'll look like a real pig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone is passing a buck of this caliber with a bow, I want to be hunting where they are for sure.

Nice buck, I'll agree he looks young but in another month he'll look like a real pig.</div></div>

I agree 100%

I might pass on a 160s but would risk a kick to the back of the head /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif What do ya think Nanny ? Yep low 160s Shooter !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windwalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might pass on a 160s but would risk a kick to the back of the head /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif What do ya think Nanny ? Yep low 160s Shooter ! </div></div>

You'd get kicked twice on a deer like this one.

158" is EXACTLY what he'd score /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
If you pass or shoot, OBVIOUSLY what you feel is best!
If it were on MY land I'd let him walk BUT he's not and it's not me hunting him (no one can justly knock you either way you decide). Good luck on him this year OR in the next couple years IF you don't decide to whack this year!!! Awesome genetics and pics! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Depends on how secure your ground is, hunting pressure etc.. I think I would let him walk...damn that's hard to say. He is young with lots of potential. No doubt an absolute stud next season. As thin as his antlers are, it's a pretty good chance if you don't get him quick he might break something off.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Here is how I have him figured and I don't think I'm way out of line. If his ears are 6" long I have both G1's at roughly 5" each G2's 11 and 11 G3's 11 and 11 G4's 7 and 3 extra on deer right 6 beam length 23 and 23, mass 17.5 and 17.5, spread 18 inches total = 169. I think I'm being pretty conservative on some of the tine length and possibly beam length. Your looking at one heck of a 3.5 year old. I don't know many that could pass him if the opportunity presented itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on how secure your ground is, hunting pressure etc.. I think I would let him walk...damn that's hard to say. He is young with lots of potential. No doubt an absolute stud next season. As thin as his antlers are, it's a pretty good chance if you don't get him quick he might break something off.

Good luck with whatever choice you make. </div></div>

I agree. I had a similar buck last year on camera and hoped I didn't see him while hunting so I wouldn't have to decide. He got shot opening day shotgun and had his right G3 and G4 busted off and the end of the left main beam was gone too. What a shame, that buck was no older 3 1/2, body looked like a 2 1/2.

If he makes it another year he will be a true giant.
I'd have a hard time passing him if he was 20 yds. broadside though. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Top Bottom