Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally! Buck Down!

charbs82

So this year is my first ever year to hunt with a bow and I'll tell you I am a bow hunter for life now! On Monday my cousin and I decided to go out for one last day cause that's all I could do. We drove to the farm and sat the morning with little luck. We decided the temps were good so we would hunt a finger that sticks out into the field. Around 4 the does started rolling in. About 20 or so wandered along the hill at about 300 yds. It was not looking to good until the bucks showed up. Two nice bucks came to the fence and began to spar, which was pretty sweet to watch. The bigger of the two ran the other right to me and he was headed straight for the trail underneath my tree. I drew back while he was running and when he hit that hole in the trees I let the arrow rip. I watched it go clean through and he took off up the hill and into the grass. I wanted the biggest of the two but I couldn't pass up the shot and hope he kept chasing through the same opening. Not the best shot since he was moving towards me and it ended up in the liver and cutting the artery, good thing for me! We waited and found him that night. I was pumped! To have been at this since mid October and to finally have a nice buck down was just awesome. This first season has been kinda rough but I learned a lot and am super pumped to get ready for next year. Sorry for the long post but as you can tell I'm still excited! Enjoy the pics. I have more in an album too.

picture.php

picture.php

This one shows the small crab claw.

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
grates on the great looking buck and a great story.. this is my first yr bow hunting and havent brought one down yet... glad to know someone is at least shooting on ... thanks for sharing

A big thanks to everyone on this site as well as I use a lot of posts for advice. You guys also answered a lot of my questions. Great site and great people. Thanks again.

Congrats on the deer man. Now welcome to the bowhunting world hope you got a good job it gets addicting buying things:D

Congrats on the late season buck with the bow! Quite an accomplishment!!!

Fyi for future reference......tag the antlers not the legs ;)

I remember the feeling of finally gettting it done with the bow. Way to stick with it and nice buck.

Top Bottom