Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally in...

Shredder

Life Member
I finished up the rest of my plots today, and hopefully I can get some rain on them in the next week or so. One plot is turnips and Buck forage oats, the other is regular oats and 2 varieties of turnips (7 top and purple top) and the final plot is 2 types of clover and chickory. I will take pics tomorrow of the finished plots just for documentation...I think I am 2 weeks late in putting them in tho. I plan to do a continual post of how the plots are coming along from plowing, planting and to final growth. We will see if they have any attrcatant properties for me during the season.

I think your timeline is fine with this weather. We drilled BFO and rye two weeks ago yesterday, rained right after that, it has sprouted and has some growth 4" in places but it has been dry since the intial rain- your new stuff will catch it in no time with some rain. I planted a 1/2 acre of brassicas and some alfalfa about 10 days ago and they are starting to grow but need a rain. I want to get down there to eyeball it myself and get some pictures.

I planted my little plots of Green Patch Plus and rye Sunday. So far the seed is still setting in the dust waiting for some rain. The slight chance of rain forcasted this evening seems to have slighted right on by though. Nothing predicted now until next Tuesday or Wednesday.
I too am anxious to see how the deer react to it since there is corn on 3 sides.

Top Bottom