Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally made it happen Nov. 1st

mawcus33

Well, finally made it happen. After helping Ronnie get his buck, a little good karma came my way. I was heading out to the tree Sat. afternoon about 3:45 I was cutting across the rows of standing corn field when about the tenth row I stopped and looked to my left there was a really nice buck at about 10 yards. We had a stare down for a minute, seemed like an hour, before he took off. Thought I probably won't see him again. I got to my tree about 4:00. I was in the stand for about 10 minutes when this buck came running down off the hill, no doe, no other buck. Not sure why but he ran right to my stand and stopped, didn't have to grunt or anything. I let the arrow fly. I'm not sure if this is the buck from the cornfield or not, if it is he traveled a long way in circling back. Was kind of wondering what you guys think??? I hit him a little high with him being so close and I knew I didn't get a pass through so I called my buddy and we went looking for him as soon as he got there. There was almost no blood trail to follow but I had a feeling it was a dead deer so I just kept walking the creek bottom where he was running and found him piled up. Never would have found him in the dark. He grossed 148 biggest deer I have taken to date bow or gun.

_original.jpg

Top Bottom