Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally

MadisonB&C

Sure took a while, but I finally bought myself a doe tag and filled it on my second hunt. My first deer with a bow!
After some discussion, dad and I set up about 90 yards away from each other in something of a choke point. I was facing into the wind when I heard something walking up the hill directly behind me. I was ready to shoot when I turned around and saw three does walking up the same trail dad and I had come in on. By all means all three of those deer should have busted me. All three would have come directly under my stand had the lead doe (the big one) not spotted a little movement when I was getting into position. She stopped and stood at eight yards trying to get some hint that I was there. She never did, but was obviously nervous. She turned like she was going to leave, but instead turned broadside and obligingly stepped out from behind a tree that would otherwise have prevented a shot. I drew before she looked back at me, settled my pin and released. The shot looked good and I heard her crash a couple seconds after she was out of sight. The best part of the hunt was that she ran right by dad. He was getting ready to shoot if the opportunity presented itself when he saw a streak of red down her side. Then he watched her tip and roll down the hill! She died in the ditch, and we had to drag her a grand total of five feet to the truck. All in all, a great hunt and a great memory!
waytogo.gif

482Nate_first_002clearb.jpg

Congrats! Getting the first one under your belt is a huge accomplishment!

Thats great, way to step into QDM. Only thing better is to find that deer gutted. Can't beat those drags. Congrats on your doe and I'll beat shes a good eatin...

I had pretty close to the samething on sunday night. I ended upi filling my muzzleloader tag with a doe. She was at 30 yards when I shot her and could drive right up next to her. Congrats on the beauty doe.

Thanks for sharing your hunt story with us.

Those long drags are exhausting!
grin.gif

Congratulations!

Top Bottom