Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Bow harvest

ironwood

Well my first bow kill finally made it to the hooks in my garage. As a matter of fact she is already burger, jerky and steak in my freezer. It was last Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, and I had time for a morning hunt. After seeing a 160 class 10 pointer just as I parked the truck I had a great feeling about the morning. I had decided I would fill my archery doe tag if I could. I wanted to get that first deer under my belt and knew it was my last day of the early season to hunt. After watching several does move by and only one small eight pointer she came in around 8:00 o clock, I stopped her at about 13 yards and thought it would be a chip shot. She either jumped the string or my shot was off because it entered to far back and seemed to take an odd angle on pass thru. She never gave me a chance at a second shot to finish her, though I knew she was fatally wounded. I was unable to recover her after waiting 4hrs to follow-up and had to get home to leave town for the weekend with the Mrs.
smirk.gif
Lets see; hunt, leave town, hunt, leave town, leave town, leave town, leave town, leave town. Back to this story, MadisonB&C came off stand early that afternoon and found her right where I told him I had quit. As a matter of fact I likely walked very close to her. Thanks go to the kid for the recovery. It has been a season of ups and downs for me. Some stories I shared and some I’ve decided to keep private but everybody here as added to the fun of the season. Thanks

Thank God for all the good things that come your way.

Sad as this may sound there are no picture because of the way the recovery took place.
doah.gif
I chose not to take pictures of it hanging in the garage.

You won't need pictures I'm sure everyone here still has great memories of that first deer.Best thing is they last a lifetime!!
applause.gif
Good job!

WAY TO GO IRONHEAD. NOW THAT YOU GOT YOUR DEER THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO WISH FOR IS TO BE A BIT TALLER LIKE YOUR BOYS.......
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Congrats Ironman, Nothing like the first bowkill. Mine was a doe as well and the hunt is still vivid in my mind like I shot her yesterday.

Way to go buddy!!Hope you harvest many more in the future.Is'nt it great to have a son who love's the outdoor's as much as yourself.

waytogo.gif

Great first deer and isn't it a rush to get that first bow deer. I am still pumped up and my first bow deer was a month ago. Way to go congrats!!!

Nutin like the first one! Kept some stories private huh? Ya big chicken
wink.gif
Nobody on this site would ever think about teasin a fellow hunter.
angel.gif
angel.gif

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom