Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Buck of the Year!

Joey Rott

Our deer season doesn't open until October, so for the past week, I've been on a DIY antelope bowhunt in South Dakota. It's my first archery antelope. Had a blast, and even took a few extra days for vacationing in the black hills.

STA71244.jpg

Congrats on a nice speed goat. Looks like fun and that part of the country is a beautiful place to be.

Kratz

Congrats on the Goat!!
thats a tough animal to kill with a bow, my hats off to ya!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Congrats Joey!
waytogo.gif

How were you hunting them? Waterhole, fence crossing, decoy, in a blind, no blind?
grin.gif

Congrats on the buck.

I dont know that much about antelop but he looks nice to me. I would put him on the wall.
smile.gif

Congrats.

Dean

Story is.. After a couple days of spot & stalk hunting, I couldn't seem to get much closer than 80 yards. But I found one of the few waterholes. So the next day, my wife and I sat up the double-bull, and had some younger bucks come at first light. My wife was also hunting, but she judged the yardage wrong and shot low.

A couple hours later this buck came in by himself, and presented a 35 yard shot. Since it was my turn my wife stayed behind the camera and filmed it. We spent most of the rest of the day finishing up the antelope with recovery, processing, etc.

The next and last day of our planned hunt, we sat all day and didn't have a thing come in.

Had a blast though, and can't wait until next year.

Top Bottom