Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Buck with Bow.

kjwehrmann

Hey everyone,

I took up bow hunting last year for the very first time and loved every second of it. Seen some really nice bucks but never took a shot at one. This year i was really looking forward to bow hunting, because of all the fun i had last year. I had been going and sitting in the stand quite often taking a different route every time. Eager for a nice buck to come out with in my range of comfort shooting area, it seemed like it would never happen. On the Morning of Oct 29th, it was a very very chilly morning. Was in the stand and seen a very impressive doe, (hadn't seen anything that morning for bucks). I had a doe tag i purchased and wanted to fill on the first chance i had. She came in right past our trail cam we had out perfect broadside 13 yard shot, even got video of her. If the video would have been about 15 seconds longer it would have gotten my first deer kill with my bow!

Friday 11-5-10 i went out during the evening and was in a different location i hunt. Seen a lot of does and spikes but yet again nothing i would shoot. The wind was coming out of the south at about 10mph, and i could here something walking behind me not knowing what it was so i just stayed still. Finally it came into sight to my left and to my surprise it was a very very nice 10 Point standing at 11 yards. He then moved so his head was behind a tree so that gave me time to stand and full draw. Not knowing what was going to happen next i waited patiently for him to step out. Then....it happened. I some how knocked my binoculars onto the ground that were sitting next to me and away he went! I was very unhappy with myself! Didn't see anything after that happened!

Saturday 11-6-10 i went to the same spot as mentioned above. Was in the tree for roughly 32 minutes. Glassed a really nice buck coming right at me trailing a doe. So i stood up and got ready for the shot. Went into full draw he was standing no less then 16 yards. Again perfect broadside, just had to wait for a clearer shot. Someone trapping along the gravel road had pulled over and shot what ever they had caught in there trap and away he went! I once again was left with disappointment! He was a nice basket 12.

This morning 11-8-10 I went to the same spot as above was in my tree for about 1hr. Seen a decent 8 coming right at me. He was walking in no big hurry. He had followed the same trails i had the spike bucks on the other day. He came out into the clearing perfect broadside 9 yards. I was ready for him, was skeptical of even taking the shot because of the 2 previous deer i had seen an try for one of those. I thought about it while i was in full draw, finally told myself it would be my first Buck with a bow, so i took the shot. I hit high(to high) i shot him in the spine and he dropped right were he stood. Needless to say after having missed the chances of shooting the other 2 deer, i finally gave in and took the lesser deer for my first buck!

DeerBow11-8-10.jpg

Nice job. The addiction can be a powerful thing. Hold on tight and keep at it. Congrats. You will never forget today.

Awesome! Hopefully your not married, cause the mrs. will be upset with your new obsession. At least that's what's happened to me and it's a constant battle ever since.

Great Buck! I'd get him mounted. A nice shoulder mount will help you remember that hunt for year's to come.

Top Bottom