Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Card Pull From Clover Plot

cjgarrett

Here are a few pics of bucks that i got in my clover plot so far. I frost seeded the plot in early March. The clover took off pretty well but the weeds did too! I went out and weed wacked the plot last week and put out a camera. I was shocked to see how the deer took to it. Before i cleaned up the weeds the clover was really tall in the grass and weeds ( 6 inches) I went in and took the weeds down to the level of the clover so that the clover would have a chance to choke out the grass/weeds. I started getting pictures right away in the areas i cleaned up. There is no more tall clover, only new clover sprouts. I plan on mowing the entire plot this weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

This buck above loves the clover! He is a 4 year old this year, just a big wide 8 pointer. He was a 7 last year, not a big buck by any means but i plan on letting a youth hunter kill him if he sticks around.

picture.php

Even the bearded ladies like the clover plot.... You can kind of see the layout of the plot here. There is an acre of native grass on the west side and a big block of timber on the north and east sides. The clover plot is about an acre and i plan on mowing a strip out of the native grass, running a disc through it and planting turnips this fall.

No i do not have any mineral out. Just the clover for right now. I am not real serious about running the cameras right now, i normally do not get excited about the deer until Aug.

Top Bottom