Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Coyote!!!!

TheMadCatter

I have no idea how good these pictures are but my muzzy blade did MAJOR damage on the 'Yote at 40 yards. Story is short and sweet, lost my favorite Turkey call (my ex-girlfriends Dad gave to me and started me on Turkey hunting) I had to go look. I couldn't find it with no call I knew I wasn't going to get anything. I head back see this Yote eating a old dead buck in the pasture. I walked up to him at 60 yards without effort and he wasn't even alert. Must have had hearing problems or something! I let my arrow fly and I heard a loud *thunk* followed with a *snap, crack* my arrow broke and I couldn't find anything! It hit his wind pipe and he expired after 8-10 yards or less. Made no sound what so ever. He flopped for 30 seconds. I think it was a good shot! Also found a old shed looking for my call.

Edit: why would it do so much damage? Could my broad head ripped him up when he went down and got back up? Never seen damage this bad from a broadhead. Muzzy Python. His head was also down when I shot and there was a little bit of a angle. I was standing on higher ground he was on a lower edge. He also landed in the ditch, I wouldn't touch that thing! He had mites and lice all over him!
image-2798797002.jpg

image-3185859145.jpg

image-2336445699.jpg

Last edited:
Ewwwww. Is that the exit side? If so, looks like the work of a muzzy broadhead to me.. Nice job on the stalk and on taking a yote out..

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Lucky we had an easy winter or he woulda died during it. You did him a bigtime favor. Hope you didn't sling that one over your shoulder or you Bieberish hair might fall out.

Good shot Josh. I dont think I would have touched the arrow or the coyote. Did you ever find your lost call?

6x6 said:
Good shot Josh. I dont think I would have touched the arrow or the coyote. Did you ever find your lost call?

Yeah, I found it. 3 miles away after I gave up at 12pm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom