Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Turkey

charbs82

Well this was my first ever turkey hunt and I couldn't have asked for it to turn out any better.

We went down last Friday evening after work in that lovely rain and set up our blind so we could go right a way Saturday morning.

Saturday morning roles around and we climb in,freezing, as the blind was set up so the wind was blowing in the main window. We wait for awhile and out of the corner of the finger a tom just comes screamin out to the decoy. He gobbles and runs over and in a matter of seconds my cousin drops him in his tracks. Awesome.

We come out later in the day and sit all afternoon. Nothin. Finally about 6pm about 16 turkey come over the hill and mill around. No luck as the toms had plenty of hens to keep them busy. Out of nowhere again this tom sneaks off to my right and when I look he is right out the back side of the the blind. After a lot of manuevering in the blind and calling he stopped in a clearing of the trees and I took a shot leaning out of the tiny camo meshed window and he folded. I couldn't believe it.

I know they don't all go that way but it was a great first hunt.

Turkey had a 9in beard and spurs were 1in.
picture.php

picture.php

Take them any way you can legally get them.

Excellent job.:way:

Sounds like you have a few more birds out there
to chase after.

Thanks guys! We do have some more birds so I think I'm going to try to nail one with my bow. If i do I'll let you guys know.

Top Bottom