Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Whitetail Bow Kill

mamenninga

This is long overdue. Here's a little backgroung on my bowhunting. I started bowhunting about 7 years ago. I shot a nice buck my first night out - never found him. Next couple of years, nothing. 2003, shot another buck - again never found him. I had actually given up on bowhunting at this point. I sold almost everything but my bow. This summer, I met a high school buddy of mine who also bow hunts, and he got me excited about it again. We spent countless hours hanging trail cams and stands late summer into this fall. Turns out the time and effort pays off.

I shot this guy about 7am Tuesday morning. Spotted him runnig through a bean field all by his lonesome. He ran out of site, so I hit the horns. He must have come in on a dime, because the next time I saw him, he was coming for me at about 40 yds. I still had my horns in my hands, I slowly put down the horns, grabbed my bow, and drew once he gave me the opportunity. Double lung shot at about 15 yards. I darn near fell out of the tree with excitement when I heard him crash.
First recoverd bow kill. I am definitly hooked again. Time to find some does.

Sorry about the small pic it's from my phone. I'll have more later.
1569trophy-thumb.jpg

Congrats - it's neat that you came back for another try at it. Bet you're hooked for life now. Good job.

Nice buck... Nothing wrong with that buck IMO.

Great to hear your back at it. When I started bowhunting I saw 32 deer the first night within 35 yards I was hooked instantly. I only have ONE friend who has started bowhunting and givin it up since I started and I know he would start back bowhunting with little more than a push.

Congrats on the nice buck.

Dean

Very nice job on the 1st. I had my first buck this year too after eating tags in previous years so I know exactly the feeling. Nice-
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

Harvesting a buck like that sure makes you forget the unsuccessful years....He's a brute! Great Job!

[ QUOTE ]
I darn near fell out of the tree with excitement when I heard him crash.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why most of use bow hunt.....Congrats on your deer.
waytogo.gif

Glad that you're back. Always got to make sure that your out there for the right reasons!! Congrats on a great 1st deer.

Top Bottom