Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fishing up north

killer buck

Well its that time of year again, when we go up to northern minnesota on our annual fishing trip. This year was one of the best time we've ever had. Its always rewarding to go up there and catch a pile of fish after a long baseball season.

Heres a pretty big smally I caught in lake vermillion. It was 16''

picture.php

Heres a 26 1/2" walleye my brother caught on lake Vermillion.

picture.php

I caught this walleye in the boundary waters.

picture.php

My brother and I went out in the forest, and he found these sheds. The critters didnt get to the sheds that bad.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We went fishing in stewart lake and caught these bass. Mine was 4 1/2 pounds.

picture.php

My friend caught this 5 1/2 pound bass to.

picture.php

Another good year of fishing!

I am not much of a fisherman but noticed those sheds right off the bat!! Congrats on the great trip!!

Well done guys! Little bit of everything it looks like. I'm headin that way next week and these pictures make me that much more anxious!

looks like you done good ALL around!!!!

nice work! and great pix!

GOtta love vermillion... did you see any muskies? Where is Stewart Lake?

Man those sheds look ancient! Wonder how many years they have been there.

Vermillion is usually fantastic fishing. Looks like you guys had no issues finding fish either. AWESOME.

And the sheds...what a way to add to a great trip.

Your profile is set up so you can't recieve private messages so here is my response to yours.

That was the stewart lake I was thinking of but I am sure surprised that's the one you were on. I have made it in to Stewart Lake from the south with a truck before but usually the road is too bad. Did you go in from the north or the south? I have been told that there is a way to get in from the north but I do not know where the road is. Do you know anything about Island lake which is just north of Stewart Lake?

ya thats the stewart lake Im talking about, ya and I went the north side with a four wheeler. I see people go on the south side with truck a lot though. I have not heard anything about island lake but if island lake is north of stewart lake and has some good fishing. How do you get to it?

Island is just over the hill to the north. I looked at it on Google earth and it looks shallow and mostly covered with Lily pads so I am not sure if anything could survive the winter.

I'll have to get a small boat into stewart one of these days and see if I can hook up with some of those bass.

oh ya I know what lake your talking about, when I looked at it I didnt think anything survive threw a winter in that lake. Stewart is filled with bass and there are all good size too.

Top Bottom