Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fling an arrow at a coyote?

I've shot 2 in the last 2 seasons after missing a bunch of them over the years. Getting drawn is the big issue most times.

I'll shoot as long as I can't see a deer.

I've ruined some of our deer drives by shooting coyotes during shotgun season. Coyotes first for me.

If all is quiet I'll take a shot. I've shot three to date, two from a tree and one from the ground while still-hunting. They can be quite a problem down here. Better put a good shot on a deer in the evening, let it stay out all night and chances are it'll be munched on by morning.
frown.gif

I don't see many coyotes around here, but am Dying to get one! Have a perfect spot picked out for the rug! Have a few guys around that see more offering to go out after bow season, but I am hoping to get a chance this year!

I've never had the opportunity, but if I get one I'll be launching arrows until the stinking yote is skinned, tanned and on my wall.

As much as I enjoy harvesting yotes I won't shoot while on stand.I'm always afraid that my trophy of I life time is right around the corner and shooting I coyote just is not worth spooking deer.I take care of the yotes after deer season.
rambo.gif

Whats the difference between a coyote running in circles with an arrow sticking out of its side running off your trophy or a coyote that is healthy running off your trophy?

I passed on a coyote last fall to have it come racing back past me a few minutes later chasing a doe. I was pissed at myself for not trying to kill that sucker when I had the chance. It won't ever happen again.

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the difference between a coyote running in circles with an arrow sticking out of its side running off your trophy or a coyote that is healthy running off your trophy?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen.A big mature buck is not too intimidated by a coyote.I have seen them run does.

I was gettin' tired of dulling my Muzzy's on coyotes. So in anticipation of season, I went yesterday to Wallyworld and bought the cheapest mechanicals I could find. I'll have at least one of these in my quiver all season just for coyotes. Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

Top Bottom