Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plot help

cda77

I'm going to be planting my first plot. Small plot on small property with great cover. We're talking about a 1/2 acre plot on a 15 acre property. I'm thinking of planting a clover mix of some kind this spring. I'd also like to put all or part of this plot in turnips, etc. late summer. Looking for some pointers on what to plant for clover this spring and what is the best method for changing this over to turnips, etc. late summer.

Check out dbltree's corner. You can read about each individual plant and his suggested mix / rotation. Good luck!:way:

cda77 said:
I'm going to be planting my first plot. Small plot on small property with great cover. We're talking about a 1/2 acre plot on a 15 acre property. I'm thinking of planting a clover mix of some kind this spring. I'd also like to put all or part of this plot in turnips, etc. late summer. Looking for some pointers on what to plant for clover this spring and what is the best method for changing this over to turnips, etc. late summer.

If you just wanted to buy a product to plant without mixing/adding anything I recommend Imperial Clover by Whitetail Institute. Great product! As far as switching from clover to brassicas, I just spray the clover, disc up, and then plant my brassicas. Works great for me. And if you really want deer to pile in the plot and stay all year I would highly recommend planting winter rye in the late summer. It is unbelievable!

Top Bottom