Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plot?

IAhunter24

Next year I plan on putting a few plots out. The farmer said I could do whatever I please to a piece of his land next to a cedar creek bottom so I built a box blind hung some stands n plan on making a nice food plot, multiple actually. I was just wondering what are the best food to use. I am new at plotting so I could use any advice to help me get started. Thanks.

That's easy start by reading everything dbltree writes in the food plot link. It's a lot of fun to do, and you will see amazing changes on deer movement!

Wold agree with every word of this! :way:

That's easy start by reading everything dbltree writes in the food plot link. It's a lot of fun to do, and you will see amazing changes on deer movement!

Lots of green, and standing beans for late season(enough to sustain the number of deer on the property. Plan your plots around your stands not vice versa! Take into consideration predominant wind direction during the season you plan to hunt, amount and direction of sunlight, location to bedding areas, etc.. To many guys just put in a plot without thinking it through first hoping that it will work, and the deer just end up feeding on it after dark due to pressure, wrong wind, and no accessability. I personally think access to your stands and wind directions are key when hunting a food plot. As far as what specifically to plant, I agree with the above statements about reading DBLtrees posts, there are a lot of choices that he can help you with. Hope this helps and have fun. Its a blast and can be rewarding when done correctly.:way:

Agreed. By the time the spring thaw hits and it's time to plant something, you might have it all read by then! :grin:

Another important criteria for women golf players

Another important criteria for women golf players

For women a lighter golf club will mean that they can hit longer shots but there may be a downside in that there is less control than would be gained from a heavier club. Another important criteria for women golf players is the length of the discount golf equipment as for a woman shorter is better and a lot more comfortable. ishiner

honey hole and trophy clover are good food plots by antler king, actually about all antler king plots...cant beat standing beans in the late season

Top Bottom