Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

foodplot fencing

flugge

Is anyone using fences to keep deer out of food plots until they mature? And if so, what are you using? Last year I planted about 3/4 an acre of beans, and they got tore up by deer before they matured. This year I am looking at peas/brassicas/beans and maybe something else, in a few more open areas. I have been doing a lot of management this past weekend, and just trying to narrow some things down heading into this year.. any help would be great

fence

Hi i put up a fence this year after my beans were ate off and i had to replant about same size as yours it is two fences three feet apart inside fence is with one four feet high and on same post and one at about 18 inches i just use plastic post with steel post for the corners thencome out three feet and put another rope dead center of inside two like 30 inches i use electric fence rope white . the flat type would work too just so they visually see it then i use a solar fencer par mar 6 or 12 volt and you will have beans i pulled mine down middle of nov since i was unable to hunt with our late harvest but they were really coming to now hope this helps really easy to do

Use a two fence method for sure! If you build one high fence roughly 7' tall (8' t- posts), you will spend way more money. You have to put strands of wire every 12" at minimum... We have used electric fence for 3 years and the deer rip through it at wire roughly 16" on-center... A two fence method would make the jumping more difficult and the deer won't mess with trying to do it... Would also be cheaper because of using less wire, no t-posts, etc. You could get by with buying 20' re-rod sticks and making your own posts etc.

How expensive is electric fencing? I'd like to do it but the cost has kept me from doing it.

Top Bottom