Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fox Tail?

loneranger

I have some Fox Tail in my Clover. It has sent out seed heads several times. I weed wack them off with the thinking that if I get rid of them before they mature and go to seed I will be cutting back on future seeding of Fox Tail. But every time you cut the seed heads off the grass just sends up new ones and shorter than before so I am actually increasing seed production. I am thinking maybe the green seed heads can turn into productive seed and new plants anyway. Even if they are still green. I should just leave it alone.

Foxtail kills pretty easy. Is this a spot spray activity or are you spraying the entire plot?

I would recommend 1oz/gal for gly on the foxtail and spot spray it so you stunt as little clover as possible.

Clethodim & crop oil. 20 oz clethodim to acre. Problem solved. No stress or injury to clover. Round up works but I'd do clethodim anytime over round up on foxtail.

What do you consider light? I use 6 oz per gal for my general weed killing. Thanks for the suggestion.

I spray my roundup at 6-9 oz per gallon depending on what I need to fry and how tall it is.

My light mix is 3oz per gallon although I've used the heavy stuff by speeding up the ranger while spraying.

Top Bottom