Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Friday The 13th Buck

houston

As many of you can attest to the fall has been agonizing painful with all the moisture, crop fields still in, and the rut happening under the stars on so many warm nights. I thought I might have used most of my 2009 luck up with the harvest of a Boone & Crocket Elk I took with my muzzleloader last month. I just have'nt been seeing the good bucks. I've hunted this farm for 6 years and this was the first deer I've taken one off the property. I had a miss on a stud 2 years ago on Thanksgiving morning. Knowing what this property holds I've always let alot of bucks walk. This buck was on a mission looking for a doe, the only way I got him to stop was to use the can, every other trick possible wouldn't stop him. I stopped him at 30 yards and the Rage broadhead took him thru the shoulder and dumped him on the spot. I'm a barebow shooter and that was about at my max comfort zone. I thought he was a 5x5 when I took him, but to my suprise he was a 5x4 with 7 1/4 and 8" brows making up the difference, with a outside spread of 20 1/2 ". Gross was 158 1/4. Thank You Lord.
Good Hunting Jeff~
DSC02076.jpg
DSC02074.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome job man. I too, have had a really rough year this year. Hunted everyday this week and nothing...But, like you said, all of the area fields are still in. But, there is still a lot of season left. Thanks for posting and congratulations.

Top Bottom