Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frost seeding

harleyjohnc

Just wondering if there is a big danger with frost seeding clover and possibly oats in early February in southeast MO very near Arkansas border. Would it survive if we get an extended freezing snap between now and greenup?

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Not sure how bad weather is down there? Near Mo-IA, border, better to wait until closer to March. Is -20 windchills up here today!

Not that cold actually around 30 today just a little concerned if we get a couple weeks with highs around freezing afraid clover seed may sprout and freeze or rog before sprouting. Thanks for the reply I think I'm gonna take the gamble

I frost seeded this weekend 3 acres. one was in a brassica plot the other was in fall tilled soil. southern IL temps when i planted were 65/35, 35/30, 40/28 and rain, and i believe for a while its gonna be 40s/20s then 50/30 . so crossing my fingers

I also seeded about three acres this past Saturday right ahead of a real good rain. Very happy if the temps hold out should be good.

Thanks for the vote of confidence with some luck we won't have another super dry spring like last year

Top Bottom