Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Full Circle For AWOL- Connected on my #1 hitlist buck

Just got a picture text from the neighbor. He realized that he has last years shed too, and is going to give them to me. Proof that having a good relationship with your neighboring landowners pays off. Being secretive is not the answer in my opinion. Thanks Jim!!!

ResizedImage951356659060474.jpg

Last edited:
SureShot....I love how humble you are. I don't know you personally, but would love to meet you someday. Congrats my man and thanks for sharing your story. So cool.

Aweome buck... happy you got your #1. I was hoping you would have gotten a crack at ADIDAS this year.. have you seen him lately?

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with his cape? I saw you were searching for another cape on another thread.

He's got some serious 'balding' going on the back side of his left base.....scared and the wound goes through the cape and down to the skull. He's also got a big scar (tough to see in the pics) on his right cheek.....however, after talking to my taxidermist (breiner11) he said it'll still work, which made me happy. Unless completely necessary, I will not use another cape. Thanks to those who PM'd me, I'll keep you in mind if I hear of anyone else needing one.

Great job Chris! "AWOL" is a solid whitetail! Now, you just have to get "Rookie" next year! :way:
That's what I'm hoping for too! I'll be sure to post pictures this summer of what he turns into (if he makes it/sticks around) :way:

Great job Chris! "AWOL" is a solid whitetail! Now, you just have to get "Rookie" next year! :way:
These genetics seem to be pretty strong on this particular farm. Another one of the giants there has the same type of antler characteristics.

Aweome buck... happy you got your #1. I was hoping you would have gotten a crack at ADIDAS this year.. have you seen him lately?
I haven't seen him, but honestly, I haven't even been hunting or running cameras where he's living. During the winter months, he heads south and spends his time on the neighbor who plants a lot of standing food for them. I haven't heard if they killed him, and likely won't know if they do. I'll just have to see if he shows up next summer. If I ever put an arrow in him, it'll be during October/November.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! :way: I'm still soaking it all in.....

He's got some serious 'balding' going on the back side of his left base.....scared and the wound goes through the cape and down to the skull. He's also got a big scar (tough to see in the pics) on his right cheek.....however, after talking to my taxidermist (breiner11) he said it'll still work, which made me happy. Unless completely necessary, I will not use another cape.

First, congrats on an awesome deer with lots of history.

If and when I have a mount done, it's "as harvested", scarred cape, busted tines,etc. I want to preserve the memory/deer.

First, congrats on an awesome deer with lots of history.

If and when I have a mount done, it's "as harvested", scarred cape, busted tines,etc. I want to preserve the memory/deer.

Thanks Bronc, and I agree on the cape part. I just wasn't sure as I'd never had one so scared up before, and with so much hair missing behind the left antler. I just wanted to throw this out there to be on the safe side. Thankfully, it'll work.

As far as broken tines, 'IF' I knew what he looked like before, from trail pics, I'd consider getting his tine(s) fixed.

As far as broken tines, 'IF' I knew what he looked like before, from trail pics, I'd consider getting his tine(s) fixed.
MAYBE if I knew what he looked like....

But I'd probably hang the trail cam pic (assuming that would be how I knew what he looked like) under the rack/mount of him unfixed. Just me, though.

This is still one of my favorite bucks. Love his big round beams. Can't see what his brother looks like next year :) Hopefully he keeps that big dagger.

Top Bottom