Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fuming mad

203ntyp

PMA Member
Well it finally happened to me, someone stole one of my trail cameras while I was hunting out of state. I was really hoping to get a picture of a good buck I've been getting glimpses of over a primary scrape. Guess only the person responsible knows just how good he may be! Got to find a better way to secure them I guess? I did have it locked with two master lockes & a heavy cable, they probably broke the ear off the plastic casing. Are there any better alterniatives like a stainless steel box out there?

Cuddeback???

Not really. If someone wants something there going to have it... Just make it as tough as you can for them to get it which sounds like you already did /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Dean

I used to have 2 cuddebacks and had one of em stolen. the genius shot through the cable with a .22. took him like 15 shots. anyway i found out and he paid for a new one. tool. but now i have two leaf rivers and i modified em so the metal base i screw to the tree, then slide the camera into the metal bracket and then the steel bar slides into place and gets padlocked on. It isnt foolproof but it makes it very very difficult for someone to steal. In the past few years I have come across a few cams in the woods. Always leave em alone. Guess i just hope someone will show me the same courtesy someday. not sure if that helps your situation. gl though.

I went out to check mine today at 11:30 and it was gone. I was hoping to get more pictures of a monster Ive got on cam a few times before in October, to make sure he is still alive and I was pretty bummed to see it gone.Too bad I couldn't have caught them walking out with it. You would think other bowhunters would leave stuff alone. I just want my memory card with the pics back.

I start pulling all mine this time of year! I really hate doing it, but it seems my stuff always starts "disappearing" a few weeks before gun season! Not sure if trespassers are starting to scout or maybe it is just by chance! Either way all my cameras are out of the timber before thanksgiving weekend!

Just put a dead-fall in front of your camera, they seem to work well. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Seriously that sucks bigtime and I always have that worry in the back of my mind that mine will disappear one day.

Very surprised mine is not gone; have a great picture of a guy 4-wheeling past it; and yes he is trespassing!

I hope the asshat that took it is ready for the bad karma that comes with a stolen cam. Man that just sucks beyond words.

I have also came across some while hunting public ground. It has never crossed my mind to steal one. I feel guilty for for walking through someones hunting spot. Thieves suck. Knock on wood I haven't had any trouble. Maybe cuz nobody would want to spend the money to develop the 35 mm film.

hoofline.gif

I guess I am gutless. I always pull my cams when bow season starts. There are just too many guys that hunt the same/general area that I hunt. I would love to leave a cam or two out over some scrapes, but I am afraid they might get stolen. Every local hunter that I know who uses trailcams has had some stolen. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

I had mine out on some public ground and it was pretty cool to see what the guy did. He was walking threw with his wife or girlfriend. He saw the camera, stopped, walked over to my camera, opened it up, and checked the inside. I had it set up to take three pictures at a time and got him doing all of that. I could see his palm over the lens. However he left it and I really couldn't believe it. I had it attached to a pipe that I stuck into the ground. So I could put it where trees were not. After that I started to put them back on trees less noticeable. I haven't had one stolen however I am not saying it won't happen. I really pray that it will never happen though. Either way I feel your frustration and I feel bad for those who have had one stolen. I wish people were more like those on this site and be curtious of other's property. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

They're expensive pieces of equipment so naturally low lifes will steal them and post them on ebay. Its unfortunate, its just important to secure them the best you can, like your treestands, and make it hard for them to take them. Overall its just purely unfortunate that this kind of stuff has to happen, and people wonder why hunters get a bad reputation??

i have lost two.....
and now i dont own one because i cant afford one....
next year i plan on having a new one.....

I went out to check my one and only trail camera last thursday. No good pics so I went back on Saturday to get it, and guess what, gone. The only thing that really makes me mad is it's private property, and I'm supposed to be the only one on it in the first place. But I guess if someone is trespassing, and get a picture snapped of them, they probably aren't gonna leave it there for me to find. Expensive piece of equipment for a college student.

Mine was on private land also that only my son & I have permission to hunt for the past 16 years. I know of an individual that sneaks in there & knows I go out west the last week here. I haven't been able to catch him yet, he's even gone as far as stealing a new hang on & climbing sticks I had, move one of my ladder stands, leaves water bottles under my stands as a calling card I guess & last year took the neighbor's hang on stand down with Lone Wolf climbing sticks & moved it onto the property I hunt. I found that shed hunting & returned it to the rightful owner. I'm afraid of what I might do if I catch him! I'm going to try building my own this winter, maybe I should mount it in a 1/2" thick stainless steel vault with logging chain? Shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that but there's always an A_ _hole out there somewhere.

I had an older style cuddy stolen off my own property this year. It was in a bear box which was bolted to the tree, padlocked shut, and cabled to the tree. I guess if someone wants something bad enough, they will get it. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. At least it was password protected and the loser who stole it can't use it. Rather than run out and buy another one, I am putting plans together for set-ups that will allow me to get good deer pics and catch anyone who messes with the camera.

Top Bottom