Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

FYI Iowa CWD court case

I believe that ALL of the so called experts have been less than honest because they do NOT have a handle on the cause of CWD. I do not either, but I firmly believe that there needs to be a lot more research on the subject.

I will give you this. Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you...
It is plausible that the powers that be don't have a clue about what's going on with this. And that their current solution is to be less than honest in their sharing what they really know (or don't) with the public.

I will also agree that continued research is necessary.

All of this aside, at present there are no better solutions than the ones we currently employ, keeping the fences up. I see no reason whatsoever to switch horses midstream unless a stronger, faster better swimming horse presents itself.

Last edited:
I have NO connection to the Brakkes.

I can read !!!!!!!! I do follow the CWD situation. I do have an OPEN mind.

I AM convinced that the prion theory is suspect at best.

I believe that ALL of the so called experts have been less than honest because they do NOT have a handle on the cause of CWD. I do not either, but I firmly believe that there needs to be a lot more research on the subject.

Just because prions are the smoke screen currently, MORE research needs doing.

I am NOT comfortable with blaming high fences for CWD. The New Guinea heqaadhunters do NOT hunt inside high fences !!!1

i.e. Kuru

no, they ate there own, rubbed blood, tissue, organs all over their bodies as part of a burial ritual, nothing more than a crude inoculation. it's origin, is now thought to be that from a case of bad meat, they ate someone with sporadic CJD. THEY PICKED ON THE WRONG DUDE...

*** These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that kuru originated from chance consumption of an individual with sporadic CJD.

Kuru prions and sporadic Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease prions have equivalent transmission properties in transgenic and wild-type mice

Jonathan D. F. Wadsworth, Susan Joiner, Jacqueline M. Linehan, Melanie Desbruslais, Katie Fox, Sharon Cooper, Sabrina Cronier, Emmanuel A. Asante, Simon Mead, Sebastian Brandner, Andrew F. Hill *, and John Collinge † Author Affiliations

Medical Research Council Prion Unit and Department of Neurodegenerative Disease, University College London Institute of Neurology, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom Communicated by Charles Weissmann, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, FL, January 10, 2008 (received for review October 10, 2007)

Abstract Kuru provides our principal experience of an epidemic human prion disease and primarily affected the Fore linguistic group of the Eastern Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Kuru was transmitted by the practice of consuming dead relatives as a mark of respect and mourning (transumption). To date, detailed information of the prion strain type propagated in kuru has been lacking. Here, we directly compare the transmission properties of kuru prions with sporadic, iatrogenic, and variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (CJD) prions in Prnp-null transgenic mice expressing human prion protein and in wild-type mice. Molecular and neuropathological data from these transmissions show that kuru prions are distinct from variant CJD and have transmission properties equivalent to those of classical (sporadic) CJD prions.

*** These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that kuru originated from chance consumption of an individual with sporadic CJD.

http://www.pnas.org/content/105/10/3885

1: J Infect Dis 1980 Aug;142(2):205-8

Oral transmission of kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and scrapie to nonhuman primates.

Gibbs CJ Jr, Amyx HL, Bacote A, Masters CL, Gajdusek DC.

Kuru and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease of humans and scrapie disease of sheep and goats were transmitted to squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus) that were exposed to the infectious agents only by their nonforced consumption of known infectious tissues. The asymptomatic incubation period in the one monkey exposed to the virus of kuru was 36 months; that in the two monkeys exposed to the virus of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease was 23 and 27 months, respectively; and that in the two monkeys exposed to the virus of scrapie was 25 and 32 months, respectively. Careful physical examination of the buccal cavities of all of the monkeys failed to reveal signs or oral lesions. One additional monkey similarly exposed to kuru has remained asymptomatic during the 39 months that it has been under observation.

snip...

The successful transmission of kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and scrapie by natural feeding to squirrel monkeys that we have reported provides further grounds for concern that scrapie-infected meat may occasionally give rise in humans to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

PMID: 6997404

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=6997404&dopt=Abstract

kind regards,
terry

i.e. Kuru

no, they ate there own, rubbed blood, tissue, organs all over their bodies as part of a burial ritual, nothing more than a crude inoculation. it's origin, is now thought to be that from a case of bad meat, they ate someone with sporadic CJD. THEY PICKED ON THE WRONG DUDE...

Kuru prions and sporadic Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease prions have equivalent transmission properties in transgenic and wild-type mice

Jonathan D. F. Wadsworth, Susan Joiner, Jacqueline M. Linehan, Melanie Desbruslais, Katie Fox, Sharon Cooper, Sabrina Cronier, Emmanuel A. Asante, Simon Mead, Sebastian Brandner, Andrew F. Hill *, and John Collinge † Author Affiliations

Medical Research Council Prion Unit and Department of Neurodegenerative Disease, University College London Institute of Neurology, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, United Kingdom Communicated by Charles Weissmann, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, FL, January 10, 2008 (received for review October 10, 2007)

Abstract Kuru provides our principal experience of an epidemic human prion disease and primarily affected the Fore linguistic group of the Eastern Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Kuru was transmitted by the practice of consuming dead relatives as a mark of respect and mourning (transumption). To date, detailed information of the prion strain type propagated in kuru has been lacking. Here, we directly compare the transmission properties of kuru prions with sporadic, iatrogenic, and variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease (CJD) prions in Prnp-null transgenic mice expressing human prion protein and in wild-type mice. Molecular and neuropathological data from these transmissions show that kuru prions are distinct from variant CJD and have transmission properties equivalent to those of classical (sporadic) CJD prions.

http://www.pnas.org/content/105/10/3885

1: J Infect Dis 1980 Aug;142(2):205-8

Oral transmission of kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and scrapie to nonhuman primates.

Gibbs CJ Jr, Amyx HL, Bacote A, Masters CL, Gajdusek DC.

Kuru and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease of humans and scrapie disease of sheep and goats were transmitted to squirrel monkeys (Saimiri sciureus) that were exposed to the infectious agents only by their nonforced consumption of known infectious tissues. The asymptomatic incubation period in the one monkey exposed to the virus of kuru was 36 months; that in the two monkeys exposed to the virus of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease was 23 and 27 months, respectively; and that in the two monkeys exposed to the virus of scrapie was 25 and 32 months, respectively. Careful physical examination of the buccal cavities of all of the monkeys failed to reveal signs or oral lesions. One additional monkey similarly exposed to kuru has remained asymptomatic during the 39 months that it has been under observation.

snip...

The successful transmission of kuru, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and scrapie by natural feeding to squirrel monkeys that we have reported provides further grounds for concern that scrapie-infected meat may occasionally give rise in humans to Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

PMID: 6997404

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=6997404&dopt=Abstract

kind regards,
terry

I tell you I can't read and this is what you throw up there? C'mon Terry, help a guy out and break it down. Maybe a simpler rendition using words common to the American 4th grader. Please, I'm beggin' ya

I tell you I can't read and this is what you throw up there? C'mon Terry, help a guy out and break it down. Maybe a simpler rendition using words common to the American 4th grader. Please, I'm beggin' ya

it was in the first sentence. some folks can't read, others don't want too, and then others just read and understand what they want to.$$$:D

Top Bottom