Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gene Wensel's

Wow! That would do!!!!!!!
grin.gif

Seen that yesterday, wondered when it would show up here. I read their harvest story on another trad site, kinda neet story. Their strategies make me think I'm to conservative with my approach on the old boys.

That is a great buck, those guys have given a lot to deer hunting, glad they got such a nice one.

I know of the Wendsels but haven't seen their videos.With that being said,I encourage everyone to click the link above scroll down and read the story by Gene.It is very humorous and sentimental at the same time.I can only hope when I reach that age I have the ability and resources to still do what I love to do.Here is an excerpt from what Gene said in his post..... [ QUOTE ]
When a guy loves this sort of stuff and spends a good portion of his life pondering choices, you can't help but wonder about deer and people as individuals and ask oneself why we do what we do. I once heard a guy say if he killed a giant nontypical he would give up bowhunting because he had "done it all." I know another guy who did in fact hang it up. I can't help but wonder if they ever really loved it in the first place. I'm fairly certain I've now taken the biggest buck of my life. I'm not only grateful for the opportunity and outcome, but thankful for close friends, an understanding wife/family and a brother who shares this outdoor passion with me. I'm a lucky and blessed guy. You know that feeling of hunter remorse and sadness that sets in after the fact? It ain't gonna happen this time. I feel GREAT! Thank you one and all. May all your hunts get better. I hope you get to meet my Woody or your own someday.

[/ QUOTE ] Without knowing Gene or Barry I would say that I would be more than proud and lucky if I ever got the chance to meet and talk with them....

TRX your statement is right on target. I spent 3-4 hours visiting with Gene at his place earlier in 2004. I was in hog heaven. He was more than gracious. I can't understand why the Iowa Deer Classic hasn't had these guys give a few seminars. Heck they live right here in our state. I'm not sure but have they ever been the speaker for the IBA banquent? That would be another chance for them to share their hunting knowledge with the rest of us.

Chris

What part of Iowa are these guys from, I haven't heard of them. I do know one thing that is a beautiful buck!!!!!!!
shocked.gif

Let me first say that the Wensel brothers are first class..... but I can't believe that I am finding this out seemingly last!!!! I have known the Wensels for gone on 6-8 years... and have hunted with them in Van Buren county a few years ago. We talk via. email 3-4 times per year.... I just 'spoke' with Barry a couple weeks ago and had the scoop on this big non-typical that they both were after..... awesome buck!!!!! I have pictures that they sent me of the other nice deer they harvested this November.... I haven't been lucky enough to receive this GIANT via email yet.....

Congratulations on an awesome season, Gene and Barry!!!!!
waytogo.gif

That is awesome. Definately a pic that will go down in bowhunting history. There isn't much prettier than a beautiful recurve layed alongside one of God's creations. Congrats!

Oh boy! Now thats a buck,WOW,he's got it all in my book. Great color,mass,split tines,drop tines,spread.i'd wet my pants if i downed an animal of that caliber.Maybe someday.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom