Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Genesis bow

My daughter which is 11 is showing some interest in archery. As soon as she hits middle school she will have the opportunity to join the school archery club. From what I can tell they all have to shoot genesis bows. So I was thinking about getting one for her now. Any thoughts??
Does anyone have experience with these bows??

they are awesome! 10-20 pounds shoots like a recurve, no let off. 31" max draw length. you can get them for $145 shipped on ebay. everyone in the family can shoot the same bow. everytime my nephew is shooting his, i have to fling a few arrows with it

The mission Craze is what I was thinking for my Grandson, it can go from 17 to 70 lbs and 17 to 31" draw. I have one, he can grow with it so no need to upgrade later. A little more money now, but save later.

We have 3 crazes we use for bowfishing that we can quickly change for different shooters on the boat. Awesome little bows.

I guess what I am thinking is, rather than getting her started with some type of youth compound bow then having her switch to the genesis. It might be better for her to learn with a more simple bow which she would be shooting if she does decide to shoot in the school program. I personally just took up bow hunting this year so i am by no means an expert. She enjoys watching me shoot and would like to be able to join me. Which is absolutely awesome!

If you want to get her hooked, take a look at the Diamond Atomic. Great starter bow / 12 - 24" draw length adjustment and 6 - 29# draw weight adjustment.

makes sense to have her start on the bow she would be shooting in school. plenty of time to tansition her to a hunting bow when she gets older

I agree with teeroy. Can think of no reason not to start her with a Genesis.
Same here. I bought one for my older son, and now my younger one has started shooting it. I will also fling some arrows with it or shoot my bow with him. Great bow.

Top Bottom