Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gettin it done!

yotetrapper

I wish I had a good story for you all, but in all honesty the hunt only lasted a wopping hour and 10 min. Any way we climbed in the blind a little before 5:30 and waited for the first gobbler to fire up knowing they were roosted not more than 80 yards away. 45 minutes later we hear absolutely nothing close to us. I let out a few soft yelps.........gobble gobble gobble, we have ones attention! We talk back and fourth for about ten minutes or so and he shuts up. A couple minutes go by of silence and then we hear something walking in a thicket straight behind the blind, we know its him but have no idea where he is going to come out at.......i peak out the north side of the blind and there he is at 5 yards on a B-line for the deks. I reach up to open one of the windows and sure as can be.....get busted!!!!!! He turned around and started slowly trotting the other way. I had time to drop the window.....get him to stop.... draw back.... settle the pin and WHACK!!! Smoked him at 6:30!
Not the biggest bird in the world, but ill take him anyday!
(Story turned out a tad longer than what I had anticipated)
21 pounds
10 1/4 beard
1 1/8 spurs
hunting045.jpg

hunting044.jpg

Top Bottom