Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting Excited for my Elk Hunt

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
I've decided to start a journal of getting prepped for my archery bull elk hunt out here, but this isn't it. I just wanted to get a teaser of what I have waiting for me in the woods. One camera sat 15 minutes from my house for a month before I could finally get back to it. Just a few spike elk, spike muley, doe/yearling, cows with calves and one bull with some potential. The other camera sat for 3 weeks on the other side of my unit (20 miles/45 minutes). Interestingly, all 132 pics on that cam were taken in one day (the day we hung it) and the next morning. Then the elk rubbed up against it until they knocked it around the back side of the tree and had it all discombobulated. Its fixed now and I'll be checking it a little more regularly. This cam is on a mineral lick that a friend of mine has been running for almost 4 years now. Last year a friend of his took a 360" bull out of this same area. :way:

Here is one of my favorite pics from the cam close to my house. Nice to see next year's trophies today!

picture.php

And here a couple of pics from the mineral lick camera! Out of 132 pics, 132 pics had bulls, including several pics with multiple bulls of various sizes. Only a few pics had a cow or two in them. Can anyone say EXCITED!!

High on my hitlist:

picture.php

Another good target:

picture.php

I'm pretty sure this is another different guy, but an earlier pic in this sequence looks like the brute in the first pic above:

picture.php

I won't even try to lie. Having options like these gets my heart racing and September 14 won't get here fast enough! :D Enjoy!!

That is awesome and to be that close to home! Lucky man. Have you have good luck in years past? I've heard that AZ is better for big bulls than Colorado.

That is awesome and to be that close to home! Lucky man. Have you have good luck in years past? I've heard that AZ is better for big bulls than Colorado.

This will be my first bull hunt! I've been on 2 cow hunts, but came up empty. Its taken me 6 years to get this tag! AZ produces some of the biggest bulls in the country. My unit is not one of the "trophy" units that produces several 400"+ bulls and a friend told me that my unit averages about 330" bulls, but I'll take any of those three above! :way:

There are a couple studs waiting there for you buddy. Can't
Wait to read the journal and see some harvest pics. Man I needtoget out there. Thanks for sharing the pics bud, keep them coming.

Kratz

How cool is that. I want to kill one big bull in my lifetime.....best of luck, please keep the pics coming!

Nice, Very nice !!

Looks like you will have a couple to choose from.

Only 3 more months my friend. :way:

Looks good AZ! I'm looking forward to going west this fall also. It's been a couple of years since I've shot an elk and I have the itch again bad :D Great pics, I hope you put your tag on one of those brutes :way:

Top Bottom