Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting to be that time of year!

Plendl

So went and checked my trail cams today and noticed something interesting walking to get to them.

I saw there was some scrapes and couldn't tell if they were new or old. But after checking 5 cams in different locations there were some on all of the locations. Haven't seen any rubs or hard horned on pics yet but getting to be that time of year:)

Gonna have to start putting cams on the scrapes!! Anyone else seeing any??

Yep....had some small bucks open up a scrape thats been going for several years now. No biggies yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I saw a bunch of fresh rubs yesterday. Found a few 1.5-2 inch diameter trees snapped in half that was impressive. Saw a couple bucks in hard horn as well as found a few scrapes. It is here.

Checked cams sunday, walked up to a cam that's on the inside corner of our plot and could tell the deer had been using the over hanging branches as licking brances. Pulled the card and sure enough there was a few small bucks standing on their hinds to get up in there and work that branch. Wasn't much of a scrape that I could see but they were using that branch.

Second the hard horns start, hormones are going and you'll instantly start seeing some scrapes & a heck of a lot of other changes (one if which is interesting is home range changes and dominance - bucks running off others & bachelor groups breaking up).

Top Bottom