Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glue for Blazers

Danno1956

I was just wondering what glue and arrow prep everyone is using when fletching arrows with Blazers?? I have been having a little issue with some vanes falling off. I have been cleaning my arrows with acetone and someone told me that, that may be my problem. He reccomended using dish soap??...??? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

I use Fletch Tite that is designed for carbon/graphite shafts. I also use arrow wraps and once in a great while one will come off the wrap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goat tuff. </div></div>

nothin better!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use Fletch Tite that is designed for carbon/graphite shafts. I also use arrow wraps and once in a great while one will come off the wrap.</div></div>

ditto

Ive got a tube of fletch tite platinum that didnt work worth a crap for me. Bought some Goat tuff and never looked back /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Bohning Quantum XT. Dabbled with goat tuff this year but went back to Quantum XT. Goat Tuff will work fine but XT is the toughest I've found.

My wife and I always clean shafts with AJAX first then rinse in HOT water and use Goat Tuf. The type of jig your using may be the problem. What are you using? Arrow wraps have definately increased our success rates.

I lightly sand carbons where the fletching will adhere with something in the neighborhood of 220 grit. Then use acetone, then WIPE OFF THE AREA WITH A CLEAN PAPER TOWEL. I've found that acetone takes off junk but still leaves it's own little haze that needs removed. I had problems until I started doing this. I glue with FT Platinum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goat tuff. </div></div>

nothin better! </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

If you use arrow wraps, I have found that you can save your money by not buying all the fancy glues made by the vane companies--just use any of the gel super glues out there. It's alot cheaper if you're only doing a dozen arrows or so. In side by side tests with Bohning Fletch Tite Platinum, I couldn't see a difference. By the way, I use Blazer vanes.

Top Bottom