Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Glyphosate/Round-up application

Thayerslayer

We are heading down to our land this Friday to hang some stands and were planning on spraying a couple of areas for new food plots to be planted in May. Is it too early to get a good kill? Has there been enough growth?

I personally think you might not get it all. You better hope for warm sunny weather. I sprayed my garden yesterday where I'm going to plant- it was 68 and sunny. I will bet I did NOT get it all BUT I am going to rotary till it soon so it doesn't really matter if I didn't kill everything. Check into the weather, good luck!

I will just about guarantee you that an early April application of gly will NOT kill all of the plants you are probably trying to kill. That doesn't necessarily mean it is a waste though.

What are you going to plant in May? If what you are planting is RR, then I'd go ahead and spray now and then again at planting time.

All RU will do right now is kill your winter annuals. Not a lot growing out there right now, some early season grasses are starting to poke through though.

Top Bottom