Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gobble Gobble BOOOOOM!!!!

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
Well put an end to my turkey huntin for this spring. Me and my partner got out around 5 tonight and just started hackin at um tryin to get somethin to gobble when all of a sudden wouldnt you know it 2 of um fired up accross the river. Well after phone call and a lil wait another friend of mine makes his way down the river in his boat and we head accross to the birds. Well after climbin a few hills and not hearing anything and getting frustrated we head back to the bottom and I hit the call one last time and bam he lets loose a few ridges over. So the 3 of us sneak on over and up the hill and get set up. Well after goin crazy and gobblin at everything he finally get close enough to hear him spittin and drummin...man you gotta love that sound...but anyway I finally get a bead on him at about 35 yards and BOOM...and he takes of runnin...GREAT!!! or somethin like that
smirk.gif
So I go runnin up to where I had shot at him and he had dissappeared...well all of sudden I look behind me and here he comes runnin right at me...not real sure what the deal there was but whatever works...musta wounded him enough he couldnt fly and he just made a big circle...so I let him have it one more time. Took him down at a lil after 8. Couldnt have done it without the help of my buddys movin back and callin to get him in just that lil bit further...thanx guys.

22lbs 1 1/8" spurs and a 9 1/2" Beard...real nice mature gobbler.
339turkey2-med.jpg

Good luck to everyone else still chasin!!!

Thefrgt10

Top Bottom