Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gobbler Success Stories - POST YOURS HERE

Updated "kbgibby" post with a photo he sent,thanks for sending.

The Site

Hey MUDDY who hit the 10 ring on the elk at 59 yrds? Oh I believe that was me!!! I still think that you should trade the PSE in for a Hoyt. You might get yourself a turkey if you do. Better yet you can come with me in the morning and Ill let you shoot mine and youll put that PSE up for sale for sure, Just kidding!!!LOL!!!
I cant brag a whole lot about my shot because during 2nd season I also missed a tom at 15 yrds. I think I had gobbler fever since it was the first tom Iv ever took a shot at. There is no excuse to miss a bird at 15 yrds perfect broadside shot. I just blew it. Oh well nobody is perfect even if the shoot a Hoyt! Well got to go.
BowHunt'nFool

smile.gif
I hear ya, I'm willing to do anything to get some luck this spring, even if it would mean selling my soul to Hoyt. Take'er easy.

It took me most of the season but I finally filled my second archery tag. I thought I was calling in a pair of gobblers but when they came into view there were 5 long beards in a row. Took the leader at 8 yards, 23 lbs, 1"+ spurs and a double beard.

The last day for me was the most excitement I've had out in the Turkey woods this year. I started off with my father and I receiving gobbles back to the calls we were making and the tom was getting closer, then it went all bad. We had 2 does come up behind us and start blowing, stomping, and head bobbing at us. They and caught our sent and I woke up to the sound of the blowing and stomping. When they finally left we never herd anything again. When it came to lunchtime we had made up our mind that it wasn't worth it to stay but we'd go eat and come back to a friend’s house (guides for Thunder Valley Outfitters and owners and guides for their own guiding establishment 3M Outfitters is Decatur county). After eating we came ask and we talking to them when the son came back and said he ha seen a bird for me to go shoot as long as we could get out ahead of it. Well we go there, never saw that bird, busted 2 bucks that have antlers already outside of their horns, and a doe. When we find a fence line and sit down and no more than 2 minutes later (4:27 pm) I had spotted 2 average toms or big jakes moving away from us. We called and they didn't make an attempt to come over to us. When we herd a hen yelping out in front we called and we had a tom answer back to us 300 yards up the hill, and every call we made, he gobbled right back to us and he was getting closer. 15 minutes later we spotted him and once he got into the opening he was spitting, drumming, and strutting every chance he could. He finally got to 30 yards and my friend softly yelped at him and he cut lose right there with a bone chilling gobble. He came to 25 yards and my friend putted and told me to shoot, I couldn't due to a tree and brush is my way. The tom took 2-3 more steps and my friend putted and told me to shoot, that tree and brush was still in my way. Finally he got around that brush and tree, my friend putted, he put his head up and BOOM............. he laid there stone cold not moving at all.

The BPS 12 put him down and 25 yards with federal 3" #5's.

He had bred A LOT with all his feathers on his breast bone missing and he's wings and tail feathers we also all beat up.

I had my second bird, and he had a 10" beard, 1 1/2 spurs, and he weighed 22 pounds, but all of his breast sponge was gone and we had gutted him already when we weighed him.

THANKS TO MY DAD FOR TAKING ME AND THANKS TO TYCE (FRIEND) & TERRY FOR CALLING AND HELPING ME HARVEST THIS BIRD.

Deerslayer

P.S. I'll post pictures when I get them.

SORRY IT’S SO LONG I WAS JUST SO EXCIDED

Well, again this year the 4th Season continued to baffle me. But, I did kill a nice tom 1st season so I can't complain. I took my girlfriend out with me on the last day of the first season. We heard a couple of birds gobbling in almost the exact same spot where I shot a nice tom 1st season last year. We set up and they both gobbled at my first yelps, they gobbled again shortly after that but sounded further away. So we decided to move about 25 yards closer. As we got up I we spooked two deer, which at the time I thought was no big deal. So we sat down and I got ready to call, when Sara asked me if I saw the two turkeys running away. Thinking I just blew the hunt, I was very mad. But I looked straight ahead of me and saw a turkey strutting in a tree so I thought that all wasn't lost. I started calling to that bird and I heard a cluck between me and him. So I decided to work that bird too. Sure enough, here came a big tom and I dropped him at 19 yards. He weighed 21 pounds, had a 10" beard and 3/4 inch spurs. And what made it even better was that I got to share the moment with my girlfriend.

Larry,
Did you use a blind?When did you get him?
Congratulation's,I have thought about trying a bow but I need to invest in a good blind first.

Top Bottom