Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Going West again!

KSQ2

PMA Member
It's been three years since I've had the opportunity to hunt Western Kansas. I was toying with the idea of a public hunt out in North Central Kansas this year. I was talking about it to a couple fellas at church when I realized one of our ladies at church grew up on a farm out West. When I asked her about it she said her folks would love to have me come out! My wife and I checked out quite a bit of their property yesterday -- left at 3:30am and got back home at 9:30 last night. The quick trip didn't allow for much more than a fast look at some of the places, but I did manage to get five trees ready for the lone wolf. It's going to be different hunting for sure, the only timber around is in places too low to plant. Lots of the good looking spots are completely surrounded by crop ground, getting it will be tough -- probably going to be some all-day sits. Hopefully after Nov. 1st-4th I'll have some pics and stories. There's just nothing like hunting the open country -- now if they only had calls that would reach out 3/4 of a mile.:D

"now if they only had calls that would reach out 3/4 of a mile"

rattle harder:grin:

good luck. sounds fun:way:

Thanks Dor, I can't wait to hear of (and see!) your annual Kansas trip again. I've used your experiences, and your good attitude, as an example for the premier non-res. hunter many times over on the bowsite Kansas forum. Hope you get a good one again!

Good luck, I will be waiting to hear how you do. I have hunted western KS one time... Dodge city area, it was really different but I liked it a lot. I would love to go back sometime.

Good luck, always nice to find people willing to let you hunt without paying a fortune.
I am headed to nebraska this year and looking forward to the wide open spaces.

Top Bottom