Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Golf Pull Cart

cybball

I've seen on here before where guys are using a golf pull cart to get their blinds, decoys, chair, etc. into the woods for turkey. I looked and didn't find the post(s). Can anyone show me some pics of ideas on this? Maybe certain styles of pull carts that work better than others, strapping ideas, ect.?

Thanks! Had to lug a blind, gun, backpack, decoys and chair into the woods this year and added a 20lb turkey for the way out. :)

Would have been great to strap everything onto a cart and roll out.

I tried a couple different style golf carts and didn't have much luck with them. Very tippy and in general just a pain in the butt. I went to the drawing board and came up with the idea of converting a baby jogging stroller into a blind cart. It works awesome. Literally pushes with no effort and is quiet as can be. It also folds down to fit in the back of a suv or pickup truck and to hide in the woods or along the blind. I also use them for hauling tree stands around.

There is one specific model that works awesome. I see them on craiglist all the time for cheap. I think I paid $20 for one and $25 for the other. I think it is baby jogger or baby trend model.

Look for this model. It is unique and you will notice it when you see it on craigslist. There is a larger tire model and a smaller tire model. Either works but I prefer the smaller tire model as it takes up less space in my SUV. You only lose 2 inches of ground clearance and can still roll through foot tall grass easy.
982-stroller2.jpg

Next you strip the brakes off and all the coverings. Cut a small rectangular piece of plywood to sit on the frame. I cut the front corners off it to follow the upper support bars. There are two little black pieces that jut up off the axles. I cut two little notches there so the plywood sits right on the frame and the notches hold it into place. Works awesome.
982-_965342.jpg

Then I put carpet on the base to quiet it down. I also painted it. I added gun/ bow racks on each side and put in some loops for tie downs. I am 6ft 1 with an achy back and the stock height of the cart handle bars was slightly low as I had to slightly bend to push it which hurt my back. I bought a little bit of conduit and U-clamped them to the original handlebar frames to extend the height. This allows me to push it without slightly bending my back and no more back pain. On one of them I put pool noodles over the tubular frame and on the other one I simply wrapped the frame in hockey tape that is like a rubber. I like that better than the pool noodle.

This is the end result below.
982-stroller3.jpg

Here it is loaded down with a blind, two chairs, 5 decoys, a couple packs, a gun, bow and all the crap needed for two guys on a days hunt. Honestly pushes with one hand it is so easy.
982-stroller.jpg

982-stroller11.jpg

in deer hunting mode. Notice I had the front brake on in this picture. It was also the day I removed it as it got caked with mud. You don't need it.
982-_917313.png

I usually just wear a turkey vest with nothing in it to carry the bird back out. I could strap it onto the cart with everything but I don't want to get everything bloody so an empty turkey vest works.

I put my blind and all my gear in a Bling Hog and Gear hog pack. Those sit directly on the jogging stroller frame. Then I pile everything else on top.

There is a red jogging stroller like above for sale in Cedar rapids craigslist for $35 right now.

Last edited:
Really nice concept there Liv, I think you have this one all figured out.

With all of the products made for hunters these days you would think someone would jump on this and make something commercially.

I agree without doubt. I have had guys offer me $200 -$250 for them and I have less than $100 in them. It only takes a couple hours to make them and I walked those guys into making their own because I don't have a steady supply of frames and not sure how hard to ship.

Last edited:
Great idea, looks like a good summer project. All the places I hunt are hilly, how does it handle steep ravines? Also saw that you have your name and # on your sticks, what's the purpose of that?

Great idea, looks like a good summer project. All the places I hunt are hilly, how does it handle steep ravines? Also saw that you have your name and # on your sticks, what's the purpose of that?

I honestly haven't tried steep ravines with it. Most the spots I use it are fairly flat walking with rolling hills anywhere from 0.50- 1 mile through agricultural fields or down old logging / access roads. I have also taken it through fairly open woods. I haven't tried to cross a steep ravine and go up it. The cart pushes easy but I could see where if it is super steep it could be awkward with the cart pushing down and you trying to get traction. Probably be easier to somehow pull it up the hill. I am not sure on that one.

Usually I can get my cart 85% of the way there when deer hunting and then I just walk in the stand and sticks. Really cuts down on sweat and saves your back. I only hunt fields turkey hunting so I can always get 100% of the way.

The name and number were on the sticks due to a requirement of the place I was hunting to keep track of hunters.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Liv don't see any G100 in that setup. Or am I missing it? A lot there.

That looks great for quick setups.

Liv don't see any G100 in that setup. Or am I missing it? A lot there.

That looks great for quick setups.

It's there in both pics however you can't see it. You basically sling the g100 strap over the top of the blind so that it is secured and face it forward. I then sling all of my DSD decoys over the top of blind which covers the g100. I also have a standard double bull chair in the blind hog for my buddies.

Awesome idea. Now I'm mad that we sold our jog stroller years ago. :) The spot I hunt most of the time for turkeys has a logging road most of the way. It's a perfect road for something like what you made.

I've made one with a regular pull cart put a bigger base on it so the blind can't slip off but the one bad thing is its tippy! By the time I pile all 5 dave smith decoys a blind 2 chairs if the path is nice and flat...works great... if not...I'd make the jogging stroller... that is a great idea!

I would need one with floatation tires with creeks and ditches I have to cross. Tried it with a game cart. Just became another thing I had to carry across. A hunting buddy with a strong back is the best find.

I would need one with floatation tires with creeks and ditches I have to cross. Tried it with a game cart. Just became another thing I had to carry across. A hunting buddy with a strong back is the best find.

I hear yah man. I used to hunt all over the Des Moines River bottoms and I can only think of a handful of spots the cart would be beneficial. 80% of the spots you are going to carry it all in. Where I live now though its the complete opposite and it works great.

Those tires on your baby jogger are way better than the tires you're going to get with any modern day golf push cart. Liv's set up is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't mess with a golf push cart. Nice work LIV

I've also considered using my deer cart to haul the turkey blind and decoys in and out! Maybe cut some thin plywood to fit so nothing falls out...just another idea...pretty soon I'm gonna have to build a shop or put an addition on for all my hunting stuff!

Well, my brother found a golf cart for me for free, so decided to go that route. I was going to do a jog stroller, but this came up first. I think it will work out well. 5 gallon bucket bolted to the base and holds my DB perfectly. Just need to add some extra straps for my decoy bag.

IMG_1942_zpslve63wkc.jpg

I have a golf pull cart that I picked up at an auction a couple years ago. Have only used it for my deer decoy (3d target), and it worked ok, but not as well as I had hoped. May need some mods, but had a little trouble keeping the decoy strapped where I wanted it and it was top heavy/tippy. I don't think I'd try anything else on it with the decoy on. Plus it seemed noisy brushing against tall grass. Mine is metal with pretty decent wheels/tires. Folds up nice and can keep the decoy strapped to it when folded. Not sure how much it weighs. On one hunt I decided to pick the whole thing up and carry about 150 yards thru the tall grass to my set up (didn't want to leave the cart out in the open). I guess most of the issue might have been the weight of the decoy, but the weight of the cart didn't help any. I always pack my other gear in on my back.

I think the stroller idea is great. Guess if I did that, I could put the golf clubs back on the golf cart and let them collect dust together!

Top Bottom