Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good Luck Charms

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
Whats up guys...just got bored and thought Id see if I could start somethin. I was wonderin If any of you guys out there carry any kind of good luck charm with you out in the woods. I managed to pick me up one this year and I tell you what I couldnt be happier. I started carrying this picture of my daughter inside my hat. I would take it out of my hat and give it a big ole kiss before I got in my stand. Daughter in camo...it dont get any better.
grin.gif

339Mack.jpg
I

Wow! What a great post. Is that you in the orange?....just kidding. Well by the size of the buck you harvested I would keep that good luck charm handy. I do not have a "good luck" charm but I do have a ritual. I say hello to My Dad who past some time ago. I feel he plays a big part for me being here and out there.

I put a buckeye in my backpack but it has not helped yet,but when you miss one on the ground at 13 yd's ya cant'e blame a buckeye!!!!
cussing.gif

Interesting thread. I carry the card I received at my Dad's funeral with me. It constantly reminds me of a great man that introduced me to the great sport of hunting. At the beginning of each season I put it in my pocket and say to myself/him, "C'mon ole man send me something good". The first season I blew a shot on a 200 lb+ boar hog. Amazing enough he was a huge fan of hog hunting and chastized me for every pig I let walk. Man I can still here him chewing me a new one for letting that one get away. The second season I watched a huge Alabama buck walk out of my life because I was so intent on letting my 11 yr old son get a shot at it. Shortly there after I had a dream of the same hunt but it was my Dad with me instead of my boy. It ended up the same way and I learned a valuable lesson through it. Don't get so wrapped up in getting the "big one", there are alot more other memories to keep other that that. This year I missed a 6 pt on a muzzleload hunt and then that evening accidentally discharged my front stuffer while trying to get a shot at a 5 pt. Miraculously he came back to the call of the can (or was it some other reason
angel.gif
) and I made good on the second shot. Sorry to ramble but this was a topic that hit near to the heart. I miss my best hunting partner everytime I set foot in the woods but something tells me my 12 yr old son will do a fine job of filling his boots. God bless.

good post fellers,i need a charm of some kind for this year aint been good for me yet,ive got a couple big bucks in the area but im always at the wrong place at the right time,or is it the right place at the wrong time.Ethier way i need some kinda extra charm,maybe you can loan me that buckeye for a spell
grin.gif

I usually carry with me about five 100 grain Thunderhead broadheads! Hasn't helped much yet.
tongue.gif

grin.gif

I don't keep a picture of my som with me when I'm deer hunting but, I will now. Every once in a while on this site someone will remind us about what is more important than deer hunting. Thanks thefrgt10
Hunt on All4s
angel.gif

I have a small red stone that I found on one of our elk trips to CO a few years back, found it right in the middle of an elk trail, and thought it was unique. We have never seen another stone anywhere near the area that looks like it. I stuck it in my pocket and killed an elk the next day. Been carrying it and an ivory from the elk on my hunting trips ever since. Have'nt fallen outta my treestand yet,
angel.gif
Also try to get a "Good Luck Dad" outta my girls before I head out too!!

Top Bottom