Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good to be Back...

TheKingsDeer.com

Whitetail-Images.com
As I type, the state track meet is into its second day, it's hard for me not to attend and actually officiate but I promised myself I would retire after 15 years and I did so back to turkey hunting. For me it's been the right decision. The time it took all spring totally took away from my time in the woods. I wish the athletes, families and my friends working the meet my best. Me, I took my bow bird the other day and I will take my Winchester Long Tom 12 gauge out this weekend.

My first bird in 1983 from Missouri before Iowa had a season.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I recognize you from running state track in '14, small world. Congrats on the bird!

Last edited:
What year did you start IW Tony?

Jeez Joe, now your really making me feel old!

Ask Chris or Muddy or Limb Chicken or Shovel Buck.....

Was it 1998 or something like that, I will have to go through my boxes after I take my medication for memory loss. No offense to those suffering from such a horrible disease.

You guys have a great weekend, I am going to put a big fat Tom to bed tonight!

Last edited:
Looks like one bird this year is going to do it for me, wind is coming up pretty good over here in the hills and it's nap time for me. Hope everyone has a great summer! Peace

Oh yes, Red Oak, good distance years! You ran XC too I bet!

Class of 2015 had the best distance crew we've had since 1982. Girls XC made it for the first time in 2014 and we won district boys for the first time in our school history.

On the birds side of things, I wouldn't give up. I shot mine right as the wind was coming up.

Top Bottom