Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

GoPro HD

I think they are awesome! the only problem I see is that there is no zoom feature. I'm getting a camera this year but I'm planning on getting a Canon HD video camera. I've watched quite a few videos of the GoPro and love them except for the ones taken from a tree stand.

They are great as a 2nd angle camera, but not great in lowlight and the zooming thing.

Picked one up this year for 2nd angle, wide view stand coverage.

For those using them for this purpose, how do you run it...always recording or have to flip it on when it's go time?

I have used one that I borrowed in the past. With the wide angle lens it's difficult to get a good view if the deer is 20 yards away. It looks like 80 yards when you replay on the TV. They are great for the close up stuff. I just purchased a Sportvue POV which has a 4x zoom at 720, if you shot at full 1080 you cannot use the zoom. It mounted to my bow really easy and I have used it taking some practice shots. It also has a monitor attached. Camera is fully water proof so I thougth I might be able to drop it under the ice during ice fishing. Only has about 6 ft of range on the cord. SO far it's a good light weight camera.
http://www.sports-vue.com/all-sport-cameras/pov-fullhd.html

Top Bottom