Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got my 1st!

johng9662

This was my first year trying turkey hunting so I was pretty excited when I shot my first turkey Friday morning. It was only a jake weighing 15 lbs with a 4 inch beard, but when it presented a shot at 35yrs I couldn't resist. Want to get that first one, now I can go after a bigger one.

Congrats on your first bird. There is nothing wrong with taking a jake. Now you have the monkey off your back,you can hold out for a longbeard next time.

Congrats on your first bird. It is quite a accomplishment. Hope there are many more in the future.

Congratulations! A jake looks the same as any other turkey on the grill. Most of us can recall many days when we would be happy to hear or see a jake.

john, congrats on your first bird, did you only have 1 tag,or are you going back out after that big tom?

I definitely am hooked now. Purchased a second license and will be going out some more in the next coming week. Going after a bigger one now. Was calling in some gobblers in front of me that were getting closer when the Jake snuck up from behind me. Would have waited to see what was working its way towards me, but didn't want to miss out on the opportunity for my first. Now I can be more patient.

Thanks for all the responses!

Top Bottom