Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got My first Turkey today!

J

jason

Bad weather, but a great morning. I got a jake, 16lbs, 4inch beard. Nothing real big, but it's a trophy to me!!!!!!!! It was Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! They came in perfect, but they got a little nervous, because the caught me with my gun on my lap. My legs were falling a sleep so I had to lay them flat on the ground. 5 birds came in, 2jakes and 3 hens. The two jake started to fight, but they let up quick. This weather is hard to hunt in, which made it twice as challenging.
Couldn't ask for a better of shot. 25 yards away.
I have a question though. Can I make a wing bone call with a jakes wing bone, or does it have to be a hen?
Thanks, and good huntin!

Jason,
Congratulations on your turkey. You can make a wingbone call out of a jake. I actually like to use jake bones because they're a little bigger. I've even used tom wing bones before.

Congratulations! I've spent many hours just hoping to see a jake. They all look the same on the grill.

Jason,
A jake is and can be one tough character to hunt.One of the toughest bird's I ever harvested was a jake,this bird did everything but put me in the nut house!I started working him a daybreak and did not shoot him untill 12;30 that afternoon.When I finally pulled the trigger on him and walked up I thought I may have shot a 3 or 4 year old bird.I almost fell over when I rolled him over and seen the beard,I gained a new respect for all turkey's after that day.I geuss what I'm saying is that any gobbler should be treated as a trophy!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Buckhunter
Welcome to the obsession,you'll never be sane again in the spring!

Great Job Jason!

Yes you can make a wingbone call out of a jakes wing. It will only call in jakes though...... ;0)> It will give you a different sound though. I know a guy that made one out of a jakes wing and it sounds awesome. Give it a try.

Top Bottom