Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got my Youth Deer

Y

Youngbuck

Here's the deer I got on wednesday afternoon. We decided to try to hunt some land I have permission to bowhunt, but we've never hunted before. So we went on Sunday night, and sat in a corner of a bean field. We sat there and soon seen a doe w/ her fawn, then a doe walked out about 15 yds in front of us, and I let her thinking "there's still almost a week left in the season, I'll get another chance" so she walked, then dad looked down the field edge, and said, "wow, look at that, an bruiser stepped out"(we later figured it'd score around 140ish as an 8), It was about 200 yds away so, no shot, so he eventually left, but as he disapeard, another doe snuck up behind us, and came through the thickest weeds you could imagine, about 12 ft. high, and like a solid wall, so she looks around and pops back inside. Then we seen a few later far off in the field, but it soon got too dark to see, so we left, but definetly a successful evening, so it was after football practice on wednesday, we decided it was the day to take a break off the gym, so we decided to head out to the same place. We got set up in a similar area, but off to the side more, so we could see better. as t turns out they had picked some of the beans, so we were a little worried how it would affect the deer. At about 6:15 a doe steps out to our left, and I pass on her also, knowing the season is closer to the end, and I will hopefully have 2 more days after tonight, but she walks, then at 6:30 a small buck comes out so I get my gun up, to see he is followed by another buck, and dad said take the rear one when he turns, but when he stepped out into the field , he immediately did a U-turn and started heading back for the timber, dad grunted once, and he didn't stop, so he grunted harder, and just in time, because he stopped right on the fence line to the timber, at about 90 yds, I shot, and he jumped into the timber, I had thought for sure I'd hit it, but I when we got to the timber edge, inside was the wall of weeds, 12 ft. high and solid, we walked in about 10 yds and found
grin.gif
, he'd only went about 15-20 yds. He would have been a 10pt, but had broken off alot of his beam so know he's a nine. He's was an exremely pretty buck with his early season cape and all. to top off the night as we were leaving we seen the big 8 about 400 yds in the distance with a smaller buck, and a tom turkey
grin.gif

597field.jpg

597field1.jpg

Way to go youngbuck!
smile.gif
That was a great story and some nice pics. Thanks for sharing your hunt with us. Keep up the good work
peace.gif

Congrats!
Nice buck!

I blew a shot at a buck of the same caliber as that one last night. Thats a nice deer. Great job!

Top Bottom