Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gould's Tag Raffle

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
Hey All-

The Arizona State Chapter of the NWFT is raffling off a Governor's Tag for a Gould's turkey. We are only selling 520 tickets and tickets are $20 each. Those are probably 5 times better odds than drawing on in our lottery and its about $2000 to hunt them in Mexico. If you are interested, I currently have 7 tickets (actually playing cards that get cut in half and entered), but I can get more. If you are the lucky winner, you will have a full year to fill the tag and it is valid in any unit. If you are from here and get drawn, I will gladly offer up my help with unit knowledge and, if you want, go with you.

If you don't want the turkey tag, we have as a second prize, a very fine rifle, although I can't tell you what it is because I haven't been told yet. I'll get that info soon and add it in.

If you are interested in a chance at a Gould's tag (for you Grand Slammers), let me know. We'll make it happen.

More updated info

I just realized that I forgot to mention that, if you are the lucky winner and a NR, you will still have to purchase your NR combo hunting/fishing license for AZ ($162).

Also, all proceeds from this raffle stay in Arizona for NWTF projects. The money goes into our Superfund for funding various habitat restoration projects, youth camps, etc. None of this money goes back to HQ!

And I just got the information on the firearm. Its a Savage Axis II in .308. Not as fine ofa rifle as I was initially lead to believe, but still a solid platform.

One member has contacted me about buying five tickets so all seven of my original cards are sold; however, I am in the process of getting more cards from other committee members. Let me know if you are interested!

I JUST GOT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FROM OUR STATE CHAPTER. GOOD BULLET POINTS IN THERE (ANY TURKEY IN AZ, WINNER CAN DESIGNATE WHO GETS TAG, ETC.)

• YEAR LONG ARIZONA TURKEY TAG (AUG. 15, 2015-AUG. 14, 2016)
• GOOD FOR EITHER GOULD’S, MERRIAM’S, or Rio Grande Turkey
• GOOD IN ANY OPEN UNIT AS PRESCRIBED BY COMMISSION ORDER
• WINNER MAY PRESCRIBE TO WHOM THE TAG IS ISSUED
• 2ND PRIZE IS A SAVAGE AXIS XP .308 RIFLE W/3X9 SCOPE
• ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THIS TAG GO TO AZGFD FOR
TURKEY MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH
• GOULD’S TURKEY IS THE MOST DIFFICULT TURKEY TAG TO DRAW IN
THE U.S. (FOUND ONLY IN SE ARIZONA AND SW NEW MEXICO)
• ROYAL SLAM FOR WILD TURKEY INCLUDES THE EASTERN, OSCEOLA,
RIO GRANDE, MERRIAM’S, AND GOULD’S TURKEY

Last edited:
I would like to buy a ticket but how could I pay you for it? PayPal or send a check? if you would rather call me that works to 1-740-466-7622 my names Robert

If there are any left, I would take one.

There are cards left. I just have to get them from the other committee members. Let me know for sure how many and I'll PM you shortly the details that I've sent others.

Send me a PM with purchasing info please! I've already bought my NR license when applying for my elk tag so what the hell.

Figured I'd bump this up since a few of you asked, but I didn't hear back. Plenty of cards left!

Hey Craig! There are plenty of tickets left. The deadline to purchase is mid-July and the drawing will be August 1st.

Good deal. Do I paypal you or?

I'll shoot you a PM with my address. Shoot me a check made out to me. I'll cash it, put the money in the envelope with your card(s) and mail you back the other half and a flier to keep as a reminder. Just need your full name and phone number for the cards. Let me know how many cards you want and I'll make sure they are there!

Thanks, Craig!

Top Bottom