Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Governor Non-resident archery tags

Kaare,
With the size of some of the deer you have shot and being on the front cover last year I would vote you in.
waytogo.gif

kaare, just be patient.....there just may be a possiblity. can't divulge too much at the moment, but you may be able to get one of those tags....but, it will cost ya

That list looks alot longer than last years list.

I like Treerats point, 100% wild, 100% fair chase (at least that is once you get the governor tag). The rest of us wait 3 years.

I all honesty, these governors tags are part of the problem that so many people on this site are concerned about.

The reason Iowa is so popular is that everytime you flip on the Outdoor Channel or watch a video, one of these guys is shooting some slob in Iowa.

What happens? Everyone wants to come to Iowa. Land prices go up, ground gets leased, outfitters come in etc.

I see this as part of the problem and its only going to make things worse.

[ QUOTE ]

I all honesty, these governors tags are part of the problem that so many people on this site are concerned about.

The reason Iowa is so popular is that everytime you flip on the Outdoor Channel or watch a video, one of these guys is shooting some slob in Iowa.

What happens? Everyone wants to come to Iowa. Land prices go up, ground gets leased, outfitters come in etc.

I see this as part of the problem and its only going to make things worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. Don't make a bit of sense to me.
mad.gif

my comments were said tounge in cheek. however,i seriously am disappointed that the IBA isn't on this. You're against increasing NR tags but then you let this go on? To me, this is downright unconstitutional . you're favoring one group over another. discriminating by how much money one has or if they're on TV or not. I can see auctioning off a Gov's tag like they do out west for rare hunts, but this is deer hunting. and there's like what, 75 names on that list? this is an outright travesty. I'm like any other non-resident. heck, my family owns 720 acres in iowa, and some schmuck can get a tag because he can sing country songs or is on Drury? make them wait like everyone else.

What do these tags cost thes people is what I wonder. Is it the same as an out of state tag for anyone else who would come to Iowa or is it a different deal. I know money is no object to this group, but just curios.

[ QUOTE ]
heck, my family owns 720 acres in iowa,

[/ QUOTE ]

You need someone to keep that herd in check while you wait?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Cause I am here to help!!!
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Me too. I'm close anyway. Wouldn't be a bother...........

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I could always pitch in. I'm all about helping out.

evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Me too. I'm close anyway. Wouldn't be a bother...........

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
your last name has to be Drury, Primos, Jordan, or the like..seriously, where's the IBA on this one? Such a fine upstanding organization dedicated to eradicating non-resident deer hunting in iowa should have choked this thing out instead of letting it expand?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least none of the tags were given to children right?
shocked.gif
bigshock.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your last name has to be Drury, Primos, Jordan, or the like..seriously, where's the IBA on this one? Such a fine upstanding organization dedicated to eradicating non-resident deer hunting in iowa should have choked this thing out instead of letting it expand?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least none of the tags were given to children right?
shocked.gif
bigshock.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

evil.gif

I'd much rather see those 75 tags go into the draw system and allow 75 more nr's the opportunity to draw the tag. This gov. tag program is nothing more than a state subsidy for many of these folks that film hunts for a living. If they had to wait to draw the tag, it would take them considerably longer to put these videos together. The state just puts money in these individuals/companies pockets when they hand out these tags. My opinion of course.

I'm pretty sure they pay non-resident prices for these tags (though the price should be 2-4X). Even so, I'm against them. NOTHING good comes of these (well, it does look like a couple might be used for fund raising).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The IBA stance on the Gov Tags is the same as the non res tags No changes.
For years they stayed at 25 tags, when we were told about the increase to 75, we strongly voiced our displeasure. The tag increase can be done with a code change(no approval needed)When the Gov & Bureau of Economic Development and Tourism want a change it will happen.

You pick your battles and this one couldn't be won, not as long as the Gov signs the paychecks and DNR head is an appointed position.
frown.gif

I agree with Silvertip, let the average guy have the tags.Iowa doesn't need any more publicity.

Even if they are paying full price, the state is allowing them the opportunity to hunt here annually. This in turn helps them to promote THEIR business. They are being granted a privelage that others don't get.

Yea all this stuff is down right treasin, to the "Tax paying" citizens of the Hawkeye state.. I mean It always seems like famous personalities get a free ride in one way or the other.. Offcourse look whos in office now "Culver", offcourse the previous gentlemen wasn't any better.. But I mean its just another classic example of the government shorthanding the public, reminds me of the the whole Iowa city sniper thing.. I mean heres an opportunity for some people to fill their freezers and enjoy doin it, but what does the goverment do, decides to higher snipers from Connecticut,(of all places)to do the same job that people here are more capable of doing, with our own Tax dollars!!! ITs just so sickening to see our government corrupt as much as it is these days and its only gunna get worst.. I mean there already tryin to control the second ammendment, so they can get guns taken totally away. Guys all I can say is know ur rights and laws, its goin to get pretty messy in the near future.. Remember theres more of us, then them..

I know that when I draw a NR tag again I will probably spend considerably more money in the state of IOWA than what these guys do in 1-2 weeks that they are there. If I don't have a slob prior to your gun seasons then I will be back again for the late season just to take one of those butter fat does that area all over the place. To bad one wouldn't get an additional doe tag when he draws that covited either sex tag cause then I would shoot two deer.

Love that state next to my own.

First, I’m a non resident landowner, and do not agree with not being able to hunt my land every year, but….I knew it when I bought and play by the rules….that being said, I would like to understand how I, who pays Iowa taxes is treated with less rights, then a non resident with a different occupation(singer, film marker, etc). How does the Iowa government have the right to do this?? It sounds like a private night club with a long line of customers, and a bouncer saying ”wrong pants…nope….next….oh Mr. Jordan, come right in” Did the IBA “Pick it battles” to give in to this, so in exchange non resident landowners continue to be restricted to hunt their land and also not to increase the number of non resident deer permits? I do not want to beat a “dead horse”, but with the passion many residents have of limiting non resident hunting, this seems to be the ultimate slap in the face….. hunt your big bucks, make money off of it and take it out of state

[ QUOTE ]
I know that when I draw a NR tag again I will probably spend considerably more money in the state of IOWA than what these guys do in 1-2 weeks that they are there. If I don't have a slob prior to your gun seasons then I will be back again for the late season just to take one of those butter fat does that area all over the place. To bad one wouldn't get an additional doe tag when he draws that covited either sex tag cause then I would shoot two deer.

Love that state next to my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do get a doe tag now. Its an extra 100$ that is req'd when you buy your anysex tag. Unless, that has changed this year.

Top Bottom