Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grass Herbicide

Poast Plus (sethoxydim) would work too. Clethodim probably better though.

Last edited:
Clethodim, 12-18 oz to acre (yes, slightly more than required) with prescribed crop oil qty is the best option out there and most effective. Ruralking.com will likely have the lowest price - can get your clethodim & crop oil from them

We used 24D and it works very well. Just don't mix it heavy and it will kill everything but the clover in an established plot. I don't recommend on 1st year growth. It will stress the clover but we just mowed it a week after spraying and it looks perfect now(month later).

Scratch this I mean for weeds.........

We used 24D and it works very well. Just don't mix it heavy and it will kill everything but the clover in an established plot. I don't recommend on 1st year growth. It will stress the clover but we just mowed it a week after spraying and it looks perfect now(month later).

Do not do this go the Clethodim route Skip mentioned in the previous post.

24D is meant to kill clover. 24D-B will kill other broadleafs but clover will be ok. Clethodim is grass killer - must use crop oil with it. If you take the method above, the better route or maybe what you were thinking.... Low rate round-up. Clover can tolerate a lot - even some 24D but round-up at a low rate would be more tolerable to clover and more effective at low rates. But - for grass, clethodim is the no brainer.

Top Bottom