Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gravity Wagon Blind

Would tractor weights on some sort of bracket at each wheel be enough to hold it down, thinking of mobility when the ground freezes?

Would tractor weights on some sort of bracket at each wheel be enough to hold it down, thinking of mobility when the ground freezes?

I definitely agree with those that have shared their concerns about that blind tipping in the wind. Another potential way to block that would be to install what amounts to outriggers to widen the wheelbase. You could make something that is relatively lightweight and removable so you could transport it too.

I also liked the "ballast" idea that someone shared, perhaps a blend of some added weight as ballast and a sturdy post at 45 degrees on all four corners??

I like the outriggers idea now that someone mentioned freezing ground. Make them hinge on the sides over the wheels so they can be locked up or down at an angle, or make them slide out at both ends and then a 90 degree to the ground. I'd probably also make them adjustable for uneven ground. Someone get me a welder!:)

I like the outriggers idea now that someone mentioned freezing ground. Make them hinge on the sides over the wheels so they can be locked up or down at an angle, or make them slide out at both ends and then a 90 degree to the ground. I'd probably also make them adjustable for uneven ground. Someone get me a welder!:)

I was looking at doing the same thing using boat jacks welded to hinged and pinned steel tubing.

Top Bottom