Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

great night for one hunting buddie....sleepless one for the othe..whats your thoughts

perch44

Well it was a great night for my one hunting buddie and probable a sleepless night for the other. My buddie shot a real nice 9 pointer last night no giant by any means but it is his very first deer and it was with a bow. The deer probaly will score some where around the 115 inch mark. I had passed the deer earlier in the year. This deer would of been a stud in a year but our rule is if its your first deer with a bow shoot what ever you want. There was no track job needed for this guy. On the other hand my other hunting buddie had a giant come in at seven yards. He hit him but we are pretty sure he hit shoulder. He got about 6 inches of penetration(rage broadhead) and the broadhead snapped off in the deer. So we dont know what to think we let him sit for about 3 hours last night and tried to pick up blood but it was very spotty. we went about fifty yards and backed out for the night. He is out this morning looking again. We are hoping he got through the shoulder and that broadhead is inside him tearing him apart when he moves. What do you guys think about it i dont know what to think i am hoping he is bleeding inside and because he went through the shoulder there is not much blood coming out. What are your guys thoughts on what happened or what we might find. I will try and get a pic of my friends deer up if i can figure out how.

Hey I used to live in Leland. Not many people can say that!

Congrats to your buddy on his first deer. Hope you find the other one. What area are you hunting?

your right about that not many people can say that lol. how long ago did you live here. did you go to school in forest city.

Lived in Leland in 1979 and 1980. I think the trailer house (don't laugh) is still there behind the buildings owned by Grothe construction on the east end of town.

Man I trapped all over that country for many years and I know about every square inch of that part of Winnebago county.

Graduated for Forest City High in 1977.

If he truly got 6" of penetration at the shoulder level that deer should be dead. Hopefully that is the case and he recovers the deer today.

Kratz

Top Bottom