Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Plains .50 muzzleloader

blake

Life Member
Some time ago I decided to sell my Great Plains .50 muzzleloader. I have no idea why, dumb move on my part I really liked the firearm.

Anyway, I sold the GP muzzleloader to an acquaintance of mine for a small down payment and the remaining money in a timely manner.
<O:p</O:p
After a period of time and NO more payments received, I contacted him to see what he had to say?
He told me he could not pay for the gun due to his wife losing his job and him only working part time now.
When he handed me the rifle back I was less than pleased. He had made a pathetic attempt at putting inlays in the forearm of the stock. It looked awful! :mad:
Not being handy with much of anything that requires hand tools I was at a loss.

What to do! :confused:
Light Bulb ;).........I sent it off to a friend of mine in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State alt=
</st1:State><ST1:pNebraska.

After some effort on his part he made new inlays and sent the firearm back to me.
I was very pleased with the way it turned out. So pleased I decided to take it a step further and add some brass tacks to the stock.
Thank You Shovelbuck for making this a good looking firearm again. :way:

It will remain in my gun safe until I am no longer breathing.

Here is our combined effort:
picture.php

picture.php

It looks very nice Ron, those tacks really set it off!:way:
Don't be surprised if you see mine with some tacks also.;)

Always save a photo-even BAD ones!

Ron, did you save those pics of the original inlays you had sent me?

No Jay I did not. :(

I thought about those inlay photos I sent to you as I was making this post. It would have been nice to be able to show those interested just how bad they looked.

I found a photo of one of the old inlays in my trash bin. Gotta love the use of plastic wood to fill the gaps.:rolleyes:

inlay_003.jpg

Wow that inlay job sure was ugly. :mad: :thrwrck:

Now everyone can see what a great job you did fixing the screwed up inlays. :D

Top Bottom