Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great season! 2 Down!

andesman

The youth and early ML season were VERY slow. Barely saw a 2 yr old. Then in around Oct 25 begin to see more activity. Was tough having to wait for the right winds to hunt our best stands. Wind seemed to be south and NW exclusively. On Nov 3 My 11 yr old Tyler missed a good 10 pt 28 yard shot 150" Buck really just out of his range missed couple inches low, had he lowered just a little been a dead deer! Had to watch him chase does for an hour out in the alfalpha. On Nov 6 back in same stand another 10pt hitlister named "Backscratcher" came skirting edge of field staying out at 28 yards my son says "you shoot him dad" So I stood up with just seconds made a little back shot taking out liver, next am was 250 yards away having just died! "Backscrather is 4-5 yr old we have shed from 2012 and he did not grow at all! And had broke off g2 on left beam. Easy 145" with rack in tact.

On Nov 5 Had an awesome day between the raindrops, east wind rattled in 7 decent bucks on public land biggest being a 130". Sunday am nov 10 was also a great am seeing chasing and some shooters but no shots. Many fun days out most of them with my son. Bow or camera in hand each hunt.

On tues Nov 19 a cold and frosty am with a SE wind allowed us into a stand we had waited all month to hunt.. Tyler was ready with his diamond set at 43 lbs with g5 strykers. After 7am does and yearling bucks were enter the small patch of planted pines from 3 different directions. The sunrise was awesome we both just knew something was about to happen!!! Then I picked up a good buck enter timber from opposite end as does. Was one of the best hunts of my life as he gradually worked his way towards us closing the gap in a couple minutes, I filmed him rubbing a 6" diameter tree at 60 yards... At 24 yards he stopped perfect broadside shot for Tyler! Gameover! Double lung and we thought we saw him go down in the adjacent horse pasture, by the reaction of the horse in the field we thought he was down.. After seeing the blood soaked arrow.. We went straight to pasture.... My Sons 1st bow buck!!! He got his 1st bow doe earlier in Oct! 133" 8 pt

Backscratcher

7788-20131108101301_15_original.jpg

7788-20131108101301_13_original.jpg

Tyler (11 yrs old) first bow buck!!!!

moments before his shot below
7788-20131120090154_9_original.jpg

7788-20131120093440_4_original.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the both of you!!!! My first bow buck was an 8 point that scored 133" lol :D but your son beat me by 5 years!!! Congrats!!! :way:

Top Bottom