Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great Site

Ghost

Life Member
This is my first post after reading yours for the entire bow season. I'm inspired that there are others out there who are in tune with more than just talking about what or how many things they can kill. This year I was able to spend more hours in the timber than ever before. Passed 7 bucks ranging from spikes to 140 class 8 pointers and continued to hunt a 10 pointer 6 inches outside each ear tip and with great mass. Never could get closer than 60 yards. I am fortunate enough to own my very own 125 acre playground in Southeast Iowa. You can really see the difference in letting the younger bucks grow-up. Watched two 160++++ bucks battle hard 60 yards out over a doe and the younger bucks came out of the woodwork to watch, great hunt. Anyway, I will be packing the 870 REM on Saturday morning. Good Hunting to All!!!
beerchug.gif

Ghost Walker,
Welcome and good luck during the shotgun season. There is definately a bunch of good guys and gals on here and most of all there is a respect that we as members share. Doesn't seem to get too out of hand in here. A nice little community with guys and gals that come together to share an obsession.

It just isn't the same when you come home to your wife all fired up because you saw three yearlings in the battle royal or a buck of a lifetime when you were walking back to your vehicle. As much as she wants to care and be excited she still thinks it confirms her notion that you are infact, insane.
wstupid.gif
I am fortunate enought to have a wife that doesn't want to commit me to the pajama party at the nearest hospital but some days I think she has the number on speed dial.

Jeeze, got a little windy there sorry. So, welcome!

GW -

No question its more of what you see and what you experience out there than what you get that keeps us going back out. Share a little more..sounds like you've seen some neat stuff this year.

LC --

Ain't that the truth. I married my girlfriend of three years this past summer. We both knew what we were getting into...and I was able to hunt more this fall than ever. I was lucky to find someone that not only tolerated my absence in the fall, but someone who was very supportive of my passionate hobby. But its almost funny that as much as she's never uttered one peep about how much I hunt, she's had it up to here
rolleyes.gif
with the hunting stories. At this point of the season, she just wants to know if I got one or if I didn't. She's a little on the refined side and its somewhat comical she married a "redneck" bowhunter. So every once in a while I have to clean myself up real nice and take her out to a nice restaurant, then bite my lip for two hours and try to talk about stuff other than hunting.
grin.gif

I should add...here's to wives and girlfriends that actually support us in our hobby.
beerchug.gif
I have enough friends and relatives that get nothing but nagging everytime they want to go out hunting.
rockband.gif
rockband.gif
rockband.gif

How many times are you guys going to watch that 30 second video clip of that buck, she asked?
All of us lucky enough to have a significant other that understands the trials and tribulations of bowhunting are truly blessed. My wife loves to see me get excited about bowhunting. I'll be the first to admit that this year was my most obsessive season yet. A great friend and I really hit it hard this year and also added a couple of new aspects to our hunt, a deer-cam and a video camera. This has been my most exciting season yet, and it is not over yet.

Let us all raise one up for our understanding loved ones, especially my Queen of Deer Camp!!

Top Bottom