Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ground Blind Prep

CHILLI

Looking for some helpful ideas. I want to use a couple hub style pop up blinds this year. I just realized that the blinds I'm using do not have stubble straps like others do. Without the stubble straps, what would be the best way to "brush-in" these blinds? Also, for those of you that use these type of blinds. Do you leave the window openings open all the time so the deer are use to seeing them that way, or just open them while you hunt? Anyone ever crawl into a blind and find some critters inside? Thanks in advance for the ideas, hope everyone has a great season.

I used to have a blind like that and I used to find limbs that had a lot of fingers on it and then attach grasses and whatever else to them. Basically just build a little brush pile around it. Not perfect but I never spooked deer with it. And I would just leave the windows the same way you are going to be hunting with it. They will be used to it and you won't have to mess with them when you get there.

They make brush bunny nets for them. I'm sure ones for the back a truck would work the same. Don't know which is less expensive.

No critters but was hunting near a highway once and mother nature made an urgent call. So I went in the corner then move my blind two feet up wind. :)

Just birds flying in, that gets exciting. Before I built my blind I use to just sit on a sheet of plywood, surrounded by cut cedars. Never spooked any deer, the cedars will help with a cover scent unless your Cooter.

Zip ties could work around the poles to attach branches/trees. Or maybe just stick in the ground. I like the idea of the cargo net too. I usually pile up cut cedars around, and then you can stand more up in the branches of those. Probably only use cedars if they are already present in the area.

Also, be sure to tie it down and remove brush inside if it has an open floor.

Just set up my blind last weekend and brushed it in. What I did was take strawberry netting, a 14x14' roll which was plenty and throw that over the blind. Then I was able to zip tie pin oak branches and some spruce branches (what I had available). I ran out of zip ties and have a little more filling in to do, but I hope the netting will hold up.

Top Bottom